Keegan-Michael Key joins The Predator!!!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jan 06, 2017, 06:43:42 PM

Author
Keegan-Michael Key joins The Predator!!!! (Read 24,628 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote    On the heel's of yesterday's cast announcement, another casting in The Predator has been revealed. The Hollywood Reporter has announced that Keegan-Michael Key will be joining the cast of the film. The publication reported that Key would play a man who teams up with Holbrook and Rhodes's Ex-Marines to fight the creatures.

While plot details still remain scarce, it would appear that similar to the first film, a group will be formed to band together against the Yautja. While his role was not revealed, it does not sound like he will play an ex-marine like Holbrook or Rhodes. With the addition of Olivia Munn as a scientist, it is possible that Key's character could be someone deliberately selected to accompany the group like a tracker or government agent.

Key is best known for his role in the award-winning 2016 comedy 'Keanu', which he also produced.  Some of Key's other notable film credits include 'Pitch Perfect 2' as well as 'Tomorrowland'. He has also been nominated for several Emmy's due to his comedy show 'Key and Peele'.       

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/predator-keegan-michael-key-joins-shane-blacks-reboot-961207?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral   

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Now this is a casting choice I can get behind. This guy is incredibly talented and funny. Will knock Black's dialogue out of the park.

Jigsaw85

"I went up to the predator and I said......*looks around*......I said.....*covers himself with mud* I said biiiiiiiiiitch."

The Joker

Interesting...

I wonder if he will have a more serious role (Possibly like Danny McBride in AC) or if they are going to let him do his thing.

FiorinaFury161

This is a home run if true!

RakaiThwei

Yeeeaaah...

Might be better than Topher Grace!

timmay

timmay

This is interesting.  Comedians can put in some great dramatic work.

Feeds On Minds

I would love it if he was playing his character Coach Hynes in the film lmao

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: timmay on Jan 06, 2017, 07:39:16 PM
This is interesting.  Comedians can put in some great dramatic work.

Exactly. I have zero issue with his background primarily being comedy. As I was reminding people when McBride was cast in Covenant, comedic actors make great dramatic actors and I honestly think McBride is going to be standout in Covenant.

I've not really watched Key and Peele but I've seen (mainly heard) him in a lot of other things. I'm interested to see where they go with this.

echobbase79

I don't get these casting choices? But I will admit that guy was pretty funny in that AvP skit. lol

RakaiThwei

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 06, 2017, 08:19:06 PM

I don't get these casting choices? But I will admit that guy was pretty funny in that AvP skit. lol

I also shared that because of the real life irony!

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Color me excited. I agree, Hicks, Danny McBride looks like he can be a total standout in Covenant and I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Also- I remember Key being a funny and yet effective addition to the first season of Fargo.

Vow

He could be King Willie 2.0 for all we know.

Xenomorphine

"None of that... Is gonna' be in the actual movie."

Keith

sounds like they're making a parody film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed