Scott says "Covenant is about mortality and immortality!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Dec 31, 2016, 12:13:06 AM

Author
Scott says "Covenant is about mortality and immortality!! (Read 33,662 times)

Enoch

I think thats not case when we speak about Ridley Scotts movies. People could
dislike his movies an his storytelling but everything in his films is deliberate and
with purpose. There is a great symbolic meaning behind that emerald crystal. Whether
that fact is going to have some significance in later movies or not is irrelevant.

Mustangjeff

Quote from: Enoch on Jan 06, 2017, 09:21:53 PM
I think thats not case when we speak about Ridley Scotts movies. People could
dislike his movies an his storytelling but everything in his films is deliberate and
with purpose. There is a great symbolic meaning behind that emerald crystal. Whether
that fact is going to have some significance in later movies or not is irrelevant.

I think he's a great visual director.  And like an artist, he has a great feel for atmosphere and aesthetics.  I don't necessarily agree that all his visual cues and choices are done with deliberate meaning and intention in mind (beyond visual appearance).  I honestly think the bowl was replaced with the gem because the gem sparkled and drew attention when Holloway shined his light on it.  If RS has said differently, I'll stand corrected.

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

in miltons paradise .......

Satan attains many special stones for his crown , the center peice was a green emerald he aquired from the neutral angels .

this emerald gave him the power to transform humans into demons 😉😉😉

szkoki

big words and big thoughts in a movie...where is a shower sex death scene. cmon

Enoch

Quote from: prometheusfire08 on Jan 06, 2017, 09:47:55 PM
in miltons paradise .......

Satan attains many special stones for his crown , the center peice was a green emerald he aquired from the neutral angels .

this emerald gave him the power to transform humans into demons 😉😉😉

Correct.

windebieste

Quote from: szkoki on Jan 06, 2017, 10:20:47 PM
big words and big thoughts in a movie...where is a shower sex death scene. cmon

Has it occurred to you that the process of the creation of Life and the notion of Mortality may be connected?  One is the beginning - the other is the end. 

-Windebieste.

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

just to add a little more umph to my proposed theory

in the Greek comparative for the war in heaven ( titanochamy ?)

the Titan prometheus  was a member of the neutrals who provided weapons and tech ( green gem ) to Zeus ( lucifer )so he could win his war .

prometheus and his group agreed to this with their reward being allowed to create life 😉

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed