Hobbies

Started by Jeri, Dec 29, 2016, 07:06:29 AM

Author
Hobbies (Read 1,612 times)

Jeri

Jeri

What are your favorite hobbies?

I put together model kits namely Gunpla kits. This started last Christmas season after I got into the Gundam craze from watching
Gundam '79. Started to branch into planes & movie kits recently; eyeing for an Alien kit someday!  ;D

In the future I will be looking into doing some custom paint on NECA figures; step by step..

Master Chief

Master Chief

Nice builds!  I've been wanting to start building military aircraft model kits, but just haven't gotten around to it.  The urge keeps building so I know I'll get into it soon.

Shinawi

Shinawi

Impressive painting on the models! I'd like to see more of your figures.

I'm thinking of going back to drawing when I have the time. I did these over a decade ago:

Jeri

Jeri

Quote from: Master Chief on Dec 29, 2016, 04:09:44 PM
Nice builds!  I've been wanting to start building military aircraft model kits, but just haven't gotten around to it.  The urge keeps building so I know I'll get into it soon.

Wanted to try old sailing ships; hard to come by on Amazon, worse materials...

Just get some side cutters, xacto knife, some sandpaper and work on one model a month; it'll payoff.

I screwed myself by starting five different kits; burnout..

Holy hell!

Those drawings are killer Shinawi.

You have style

Started building 1/44 High Grade kits.

About 2 weeks ago started on the white one" GP01 Gundam; Master Grade.

I use spray can Harris for the paint jobs; it gets the job done.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Shinawi on Dec 29, 2016, 04:47:26 PM
Impressive painting on the models! I'd like to see more of your figures.

I'm thinking of going back to drawing when I have the time. I did these over a decade ago:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/singlebilingual/AvP/1424008332251_zpslxfkjrjr.jpeg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/singlebilingual/AvP/Figo_zpsw8ms5n9h.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/singlebilingual/AvP/patch_zps1xak3yat.png

:o Those are great!

Quote from: Jeri on Dec 29, 2016, 05:53:50 PM
Quote from: Master Chief on Dec 29, 2016, 04:09:44 PM

Wanted to try old sailing ships; hard to come by on Amazon, worse materials...

Just get some side cutters, xacto knife, some sandpaper and work on one model a month; it'll payoff.

I screwed myself by starting five different kits; burnout..
Thanks for the advice! When I do my finish my first kit, I'll post a pic of it here in your thread.

Jeri

Jeri

Started work again on the zaku ll
" Psycho Zaku" Thunderbolt colors Gundam kit.

More or less finished the body, almost finished with the booster, rockets, arsenal, etc..

Then it's painting, stickers; topcoat..

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Looking good Shinawi, I have my own art thread if you want to check it out...

Due to college and work, time for art is practically non-existent, but I am starting to perfect my writing and speaking abilities in its stead. So hobbies for now are working, studying, shopping (food, high end fashion designer apparel), cleaning, and sleeping. Also playing rec basketball Monday and Thursday nights.

Shinawi

Shinawi

Thanks all.
I'd like to see your art thread, Fiorina. Is it in the Fan Art section?

Huggs

Huggs

Man there's just so many. Short list, I'm a musician "guitar player". I was caught up in the movie poster and memorabilia collecting thing for awhile. That and I've gone full tilt into Harleys now. Don't know why.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Drinking in bars with friends and talking to ladies when alcohol is at it's highest in my blood  :laugh:

Does that count ?  ;D

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 20, 2018, 12:49:33 PM
Drinking in bars with friends and talking to ladies when alcohol is at it's highest in my blood  :laugh:

Does that count ?  ;D

I would indeed say so. If not, it should.

Jango1201

Jango1201

I love playing and collecting guitars. I'm not an expert but I've learned enough to play rythem riffs to my favorite metal songs and some soloing. Model trains are my second favorite hobby. Currently working a nice 5x10 HO layout. Also a big Mustang fan and plan on tinkering with mine in the summer time.

Master Chief

Master Chief

I didn't mention this in my original reply, but I'm also into guns!   8)

Quote from: Jango1201 on Mar 21, 2018, 12:47:59 AM
I love playing and collecting guitars. I'm not an expert but I've learned enough to play rythem riffs to my favorite metal songs and some soloing. Model trains are my second favorite hobby. Currently working a nice 5x10 HO layout. Also a big Mustang fan and plan on tinkering with mine in the summer time.
Cool hobbies!  What year is your Mustang and what do you plan to do with it?

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 20, 2018, 12:49:33 PM

Does that count ?  ;D

haha it counts.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master Chief on Mar 21, 2018, 02:28:47 PM

Haha coming from John 117 it doesn't surprise me  ;)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Master Chief on Mar 21, 2018, 02:28:47 PM

Praise God! I'm not the only one.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed