Alien: Covenant in Upcoming Magazines

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 21, 2016, 04:26:02 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant in Upcoming Magazines (Read 69,264 times)

Necronomicon II

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 23, 2017, 04:55:26 PM
Iceland in Prometheus wasn't really an issue, it was supposed to be ambiguous after all. It could have been primordial Earth or another planet. It's also not an instantly recognizable tourist location like Milford Sound.
This is true but even if altered dramatically I suspect it'd still be fairly recognisable, you can't really improve on the paradisaical majesty of 'Sound and I suspect Scott was too smitten to disturb it too much, sure it's not the most alien of worlds (so far) but that's precisely the dangerous allure. Anyway, the larger context of the landscape remains to be seen so I'm sure there is much more.

fernandito

lol they again not using any sort of breathing device in an alien planet regardless it's got breathable air?

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't know it was Milford Sound if I hadn't been following the film either. And seeing so many Alien planets filmed in the forests of Vancouver has never bothered me either. Personally, I really love the change of scenery. If I couldn't get my Giger-esque landscape, I'm glad we didn't have yet another barren planet.

Necronomicon II

Quote from: fernandito on Feb 24, 2017, 07:50:47 AM
lol they again not using any sort of breathing device in an alien planet regardless it's got breathable air?

While suits/helmets are always a reasonable precaution as it's certainly possible on another alien world that a human pathogen might exist, the extraterrestrial environment does not make it more likely for native microbes to be pathogenic for humans, in fact it actually makes it less likely. 

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 24, 2017, 02:25:42 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 23, 2017, 04:55:26 PM
Iceland in Prometheus wasn't really an issue, it was supposed to be ambiguous after all. It could have been primordial Earth or another planet. It's also not an instantly recognizable tourist location like Milford Sound.
This is true but even if altered dramatically I suspect it'd still be fairly recognisable, you can't really improve on the paradisaical majesty of 'Sound and I suspect Scott was too smitten to disturb it too much, sure it's not the most alien of worlds (so far) but that's precisely the dangerous allure. Anyway, the larger context of the landscape remains to be seen so I'm sure there is much more.

Well, Scott had a similar situation with the Wadi Rum, a popular tourist destination but managed to make it not look like the Wadi Rum in The Martian and Prometheus. But we'll see, it could simply be a case of the final visuals not being finished yet considering the long lead times on trailers and promotional stills.

Here is a little visual effects reel by MPC (same guys currently doing Covenant's enviroments) on how they created LV-223 in Prometheus. You'll see it's basically pieced together from bits of Iceland, the Wadi Rum in Jordan and fully artificial CGI enviroments. My assumption was always that it would be the same case for Paradise in Alien: Covenant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdJYlKfyjg8

Necronomicon II

Yeah we'll see, I'm sure there's more to it.

Stolen

I just bought this mag, nothing new, but guess who I see!

SiL

SiL

Cheeky bugger never said he was interviewed!

Ingwar

Quote from: SiL on Feb 26, 2017, 01:15:57 PM
Cheeky bugger never said he was interviewed!

He's too humble ;)

hfeldhaus

We don't like secrets Hicks...

BonesawT101

Classic hicks. He likes to keep things handy...for close encounters ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Stolen on Feb 26, 2017, 01:10:05 PM
I just bought this mag, nothing new, but guess who I see!

Ha! I told you guys that boy was going to become famous one day. Any chance of doing a translation for us Stolen? Know it's asking a lot but Google translate sucks with French. It's our Squad Leader (Nanny) after all.  ;)

Corporal Hicks

I didn't know if it'd been published yet. lol

And Google Translate butchers the text. I'd suggest doing it just for the laugh.  :P

Enoch

It says Aaron Percival, doctor for Alien universe, destroyer of first Xenomorphs, savior of Earth and absolute ruler of AVPGalaxy. In the city of Paris, tommorow we ll together unveil a grand monument in his honor. He is standing with his spear stabing the Xeno creature through its horrenduous double jaw. I think my translation is quite fine... :P

SiL

SiL

Holy crap I can actually read it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed