New Guardian interview with Sigourney Says Alien 5 Happening by 2022

Started by MajorB, Dec 17, 2016, 10:15:41 PM

Author
New Guardian interview with Sigourney Says Alien 5 Happening by 2022 (Read 5,969 times)

MajorB

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/dec/17/sigourney-weaver-alien-monster-emma-brockes-monster

The opening sentence:
QuoteSigourney Weaver has four films coming out between now and 2022 – three Avatars and an Alien sequel – most of which have yet to be filmed, and which the 67-year-old has prepared for by cramming in as many small films as she can in advance.

Maybe they're confusing it with Covenant?

SM

Pretty sure they'd be aware of the Blomkamp film.

BishopShouldGo

Until further notice, Blomkamp's film is still on just delayed.

windebieste

I'd love to see Blomkamp make an 'ALIENS' movie; but it would have to be a significant departure from the current proposal.

-Windebieste.

Scorpio

Scorpio

I'd love to see a sequel to Alien Resurrection with Ron Perlman, Sigourney and Winona but that is unlikely to happen.  A:R is a standalone film.  I'm curious about Blomkamp's version, be it retcon or whatever.  So long as it's an entertaining film, and worthy of the Alien franchise (not AVPR, though).

SM

How is it 'standalone' if it's reliant on Ripley both being impregnated and dying in Alien3?

whiterabbit

Probably meant "dead end".

Xenomania

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: MajorB on Dec 17, 2016, 10:15:41 PM
Sigourney Weaver has four films coming out between now and 2022 – three Avatars and an Alien sequel – most of which have yet to be filmed

None of which have yet been filmed.

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Dec 18, 2016, 09:13:33 AM
How is it 'standalone' if it's reliant on Ripley both being impregnated and dying in Alien3?

It's not really 'reliant'.  They were going to bring back the Ripley character no matter what.

SM

The circumstances at the end of Alien3 set up Resurrection.

MajorB

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 18, 2016, 05:02:11 PM
Quote from: MajorB on Dec 17, 2016, 10:15:41 PM
Sigourney Weaver has four films coming out between now and 2022 – three Avatars and an Alien sequel – most of which have yet to be filmed

None of which have yet been filmed.

Yes, but the article is pretty blunt. She has four films coming in the next six years: three Avatars and an Alien. It sounds like a lowkey confirmation to me. There's no "if" in the equation, just "when."

Corporal Hicks

The film hasn't actually been cancelled as far as we know. Just postponed. We'll just have to see if it flounders in Development Hell after Covenant comes out.

Whiskeybrewer

By 2022?

She'll be 73 by that point. For some reason i dont think itll happen in the end, but who knows

Corporal Hicks

I think it's looking like a bit of a longshot at the minute. Really depends on how all the scheduling pans out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed