Paul Anderson's Alien vs. Predator - AvPGalaxy Podcast #43

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 14, 2016, 12:08:51 AM

Author
Paul Anderson's Alien vs. Predator - AvPGalaxy Podcast #43 (Read 21,171 times)

echobbase79

Originally, Dillon was supposed to be pulled into the lead by the Alien. I think him standing his ground sent the character out on a more dramatic note.

Kailem

Kailem

This was certainly a much more "balanced" assessment than I was expecting. :laugh: Personally there's not a whole lot I like about this film. I rewatched it fairly recently to see if my opinions might have changed, but alas they really hadn't.

I think one big problem I have with it that I don't see mentioned a whole lot is that it's just a very bland movie to look at. It has a very drab, dreary colour palette. Grey/white ice (at night), grey concrete pyramid corridors, silver Predators, dark, silvery Aliens with not a lot to break it up. It just gets dull real fast. Even though I was never a fan of the whole pyramid concept I at east might have liked it better if it had been more interesting to look at.

It's technically a better/more competently made movie than AVPR or sure, but yeah........eh. As a few folks said on the podcast, I don't hate it, but I certainly don't love it either.

Also, that mural-type image up the top there is unintentionally hilarious! :laugh: It looks like they're both strutting their stuff on the dance floor, not locked in mortal combat.

"Whoever Wins........Faces John Travolta in the Finals!"

Jimbob30

Jimbob30

Would rather the avp movies dissapeared the first was better than the second but still trash worst thing was the predator teaming up with a human no no no

Russ840

Great podcast Hicks. 

I need to go and rewatch the film now. I still think I'll find it leaving me sour though. 

I do think I would have much preferred it to be relocated to another planet.  Not much would have had to change.

R rating.
Not set on Earth but still the pyramid angle.
Lengthen the gestation period.

I would also have ended differently. I would have Lex and Scar survive the Queen battle and then scar challenges Lex to a fight and have them end in combat. She wins. The other predators show respect and they leave her there. She sets up home.

Of course this would require lex to be a tougher character.

Pob Spittle

AvP is... another thing that happened. I don't watch Frankenstein or The Mummy and ask where the f**k The Wolfman is.  P.W Anderson really needs to be strapped with a leather belt across his hunched, bare, quivering back for confusing and warping entire generations minds. It's shocking, just the amount of damage he achieved to both series (and he still defends himself)

Comics and the games were a hoot though!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed