"Walter’s More of a Straightforward Robot" - Michael Fassbender Talks Alien: Covenant's New Synthetic

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 13, 2016, 11:28:27 PM

Author
"Walter’s More of a Straightforward Robot" - Michael Fassbender Talks Alien: Covenant's New Synthetic (Read 20,584 times)

Kitten Jonesy

Yeah Ingwar I think Lindelof forgot about that part too

PsyKore

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 15, 2016, 12:42:17 PM
I still wonder how David's head is gonna be attached to his body. Shaw will do it? He will use Engineer's technology?

I'm curious about this too. I'd assume David would guide Shaw in how to reconnect it.

I'm also thinking he could somehow try the black goo, either inadvertently or deliberately, which fuses with his mechanics and repairs him, which then in turn could give him the idea about mixing it with his DNA....

Corporal Hicks

As far as I'm aware PsyKore, that particular rumor is a load of bollocks.

PsyKore

I suspected it might. I might be banished for this but there was a part of me that kind of liked the idea. :laugh:

Parker

I don't know that David would "kill" Walter.  If he's reached this level of self-awareness it'd be interesting to see him try to persuade Walter to join him.  Or I'm sure he could find a way to transfer his consciousness into Walter's body and take a new body if he's still missing everything but his head!

lv_226

This is by far one of the most interesting ideas that the film proposes. There is so much going on, the two androids, the mystery surrounding Shaw (isn't Covenant taking place 10 years after Prometheus?), the inclusion of the black goo and Engineer culture (is this truly their homeworld?), did the Engineers steal this technology from somewhere else? I mean, it is loaded with content and mystery. I really hope that it delivers.

whiterabbit

Well one thing has always been assumed for a long time, the Alien got its biomechanical parts from somewhere. There's no reason to not think it got them from David. Even though I'm not all to keen on David Engineering the beast... though there's 2 more movies after this one so it's not like it'll happen over night. That being said, if Shaw's the one who willfully begs David to resurrect the engineers and the Alien is reborn or better, enhanced by that forbidden meddling, that could be a legitimate excuse I could live with.

DorkiDori

the scope of this movie sounds enormous for sure! its so exciting to know in 6 months, well all have our butts planted in theater chairs to FINALLY see more of the Prometheus story line unfold... AFTER 5 BLOODY YEARS OF WAITING!!!

sigh... bollocks hahahha

BA79

What would be an interesting twist would be Walter eliminating the distrust of android protective measures towards humans. Bishop hinted at sparing human suffering in Aliens by his statements on action or omission of action. So, for once, could we not see a synthetic actually going all "Terminator" against his evil and outdated twin? Walter has better or more current programming. He sees how corrupt David has become and that he may have helped make a bioweapon...then he says something akin to "get away from her you bitch"...and at that point starts to kick ass? Hmmmmmm.........

Predatorium

Isn't this the second movie in the trilogy??

Corporal Hicks

It sounds like Ridley intends for Covenant be the start of a new Alien trilogy.

windebieste

Hasn't this idea already been well established?  Scott already stated so.  I'm sure of it.  'Prometheus' will more or less be a prologue or prelude to the events of the new trilogy.  That's been my understanding for about 6 months now.   So, 4 movies in total.

It's nothing new.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/09/23/ridley-scott-talks-prometheus-3-and-4/

Quote"The whole point is to explain the Alien franchise and how and why the creation of the aliens. I always saw the Alien as a type of biological warfare. For me, the original spaceship that I call the croissant, a warship that contains these biomechanoids creatures, which is all about destruction."

When asked if the Prometheus films will tie directly into the Alien films, Ridley Scott responded: "Yes, but it will not be the next. It will be in the next but Prometheus or perhaps even in a later, before we are in a sense back in the Alien franchise."

I can't remember if he's spoke about sequels since then though.

windebieste

I guess it's a moot point, really.  After all, Scott doesn't always reveal what's going on or what his intentions are.  He could declare anything.  At this stage, I take most of what he says as an indication of what might be happening - not as some form of Gospel. 

He's got a long history of changing his mind, not delivering what we expected and in the end derailing expectations.  He's a sly old fox and we should be prepared for anything.

Personally, I enjoy this aspect of him keeping us on our toes.  Still, I wouldn't be surprised if this does turn out to be a trilogy.  There's too many other series out there now for Fox to not want to take advantage of this current trend in movie making. 

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed