Callie Hernandez Talks Auditioning for Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2016, 08:45:00 PM

Author
Callie Hernandez Talks Auditioning for Alien: Covenant (Read 5,898 times)

Corporal Hicks

Callie Hernandez talks auditioning for Alien: Covenant. The press may have finally seen some footage of Alien: Covenant recently and Alien vs. Predator Galaxy may have given you a few peeks under the veil of secrecy 20th Century Fox has cast over the film but those involved are still firmly keeping their lips sealed tight!

Alien: Covenant actress Callie Hernandez was recently featured in Interview Magazine where, for the second time, she talked a little about her involvement in Alien: Covenant. Expectedly she revealed no details about her character or the film. However, Hernandez did talk about how she become involved with the film, sharing that:

“I didn’t know anything [when I auditioned]. I was shooting Graves in Albuquerque; I had just gotten there. I had no one to read with since everyone was working, so I called a friend of mine and I said, “Can you just record these lines with spaces in between them into your phone, and I’ll film it in my hotel room on my own.” That’s what I did, and I remember watching the first tape going, “Oh my God, this is ridiculous, this is hilarious.” Then, within, like, three hours of me sending in the tape, they called back and they said they wanted to see another tape. So I called another friend and I did it again. Then I came to L.A. and I met with some people and that was that. I had no idea what character I was playing—no idea what the script was like—but I knew it was Ridley Scott and I knew it was an incredible cast, so it was a no brainer.

When my manager called me and told me I got the role, it was the quintessential crying, screaming. I was sweating for some reason. I was like, “Okay, what role am I playing?” And my manager jokingly said, “You’re playing the Alien. No one told you?” All we knew was the name of my character until maybe a month before going to Australia.”

Callie Hernandez talks auditioning for Alien: Covenant with Interview Magazine. She is seen here in Blair Witch.

Callie Hernandez talks auditioning for Alien: Covenant with Interview Magazine. She is seen here in Blair Witch.

Hernandez also talked about her experiences working with and socializing with her fellow cast of Alien: Covenant, revealing that she did work quite closely with Danny McBride: “I worked with Danny McBride quite a bit on Alien and he’s just the best.

You can read the whole interview over at the Interview Magazine’s website where Hernandez shares some small anecdotes about the rest of the Alien: Covenant cast and details about the rest of her career. Thanks to BeatlesFass for the heads-up!

Stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Covenant! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

BonesawT101

As always, thanks Hicks.

Rayden02

Callie Hernandez is hot, can't wait to see her in the movie. :)

Enoch

Is there a possibility she ll play female Engineer? ::)

XENOMORPHOSIS

Curious to see what her role will encompass, she gave a great portrayal in Blair Witch, despite that films reputation she did a good job playing a character being chased by an inhuman unstoppable force which we're sure to see again in this film.

Curious to see what her role will encompass, she gave a great portrayal in Blair Witch, despite that films reputation she did a good job playing a character being chased by an inhuman unstoppable force which we're sure to see again in this film.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Enoch on Dec 12, 2016, 09:08:55 PM

No. I can confirm that isn't the case. Lol

Scorpio

She reminds me of Hillard from Alien Resurrection. 

Enoch

I was kidding. She looks tall to me, and has some
interesting face lines. :) :D

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Unbelievable that no one is saying anything of importance!! >:(

Astronoë

Quote from: Himmelblau on Dec 12, 2016, 11:47:01 PM

Would you if u had one of those stalking you making sure you didn't spill the beans?

DorkiDori

Quote from: Himmelblau on Dec 12, 2016, 11:47:01 PM

Pretty sure theyre ALL under a non-disclosure until the movie hits... Fox probably learned from its mistakes of Prometheus by revealing WAY too much before the film hit!

Corporal Hicks

In the New Year we'll start to hear more. By the end of December we'll have the trailer and more detailed accounts of the footage seen at the 2017 Showcase. We should start to get the viral campaign kicking in and we'll start to see those press articles and interviews as well.

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2016, 09:17:51 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Dec 12, 2016, 09:08:55 PM

No. I can confirm that isn't the case. Lol

She must be one of the Covenant crew as she claims: I worked with Danny McBride quite a bit (...) .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed