AvPGalaxy Exclusive: James Franco To Appear in Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 09, 2016, 03:28:23 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: James Franco To Appear in Alien: Covenant! (Read 57,565 times)

Perfect-Organism

Moreover, what looked like the skin of the creature in the space jockey's chair turned out to be just a shell as per Prometheus.  So if Dallas deduced that the creature was fossilized on the basis of it being hard, he would be wrong.  He also never took his gloves off..

What's interesting about that, is that there is the implication that somewhere on the derelict, there may be a live, dormant, hibernating, alien.

whiterabbit

It very well could be hibernating on the ship but I'd like to think that perhaps it does the explosive spore cocoon thing and the eggs are freely distributed in that manner. Why they are so perfectly spaced? The eggs just positioned themselves that way on there own.

One of the tweets mentioned something about the alien having a new trick that explains how they get around the ship so easily. I'm thinking box alien and being able to soften themselves up into a near goo like substance.

Necronomicon II

That'd be INSANE, imagine the beast just disassembling into some nightmarish, writhing bio-mechanical blob before reassembling back into shape.

Perfect organism.

BishopShouldGo

That would actually be...really f**king cool.

NickisSmart

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Dec 12, 2016, 05:51:02 AM
That'd be INSANE, imagine the beast just disassembling into some nightmarish, writhing bio-mechanical blob before reassembling back into shape.

Perfect organism.

Kind of like the T-1000, except biological, which goes all the way back to Lovecraft and his pesky Shoggoths.

whiterabbit

I was thinking sort of like the flexibility the Deacon showed while being born in Prometheus but there was also concept art of an alien slimming it's way through ductwork. So, yea, very lovecraftian.

Necronomicon II

Quote from: NickisSmart on Dec 12, 2016, 06:54:51 AM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on Dec 12, 2016, 05:51:02 AM

Perfect organism.

Kind of like the T-1000, except biological, which goes all the way back to Lovecraft and his pesky Shoggoths.
Exactly, bring me my Shoggoths!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 12, 2016, 05:02:56 AMOne of the tweets mentioned something about the alien having a new trick that explains how they get around the ship so easily. I'm thinking box alien and being able to soften themselves up into a near goo like substance.

That's literally what happens with the new Alien in Spaihts' original draft for Prometheus. It turns to jelly and squeezes into tiny gaps.

Lexxdog

Nope the ship on LV 426 was meant to be 1000s off years old and the space jokey are not large people they just change it ( and ruined it ) I really hope Daved is not the creator off the "ALEN"

whiterabbit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 12, 2016, 10:13:55 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 12, 2016, 05:02:56 AMOne of the tweets mentioned something about the alien having a new trick that explains how they get around the ship so easily. I'm thinking box alien and being able to soften themselves up into a near goo like substance.

That's literally what happens with the new Alien in Spaihts' original draft for Prometheus. It turns to jelly and squeezes into tiny gaps.
Indeed, and Ridley's totally going to use it this time.

Necronomicon II

Wouldn't surprise me, Spaihts had some inspired ideas with those new xenos.

Corporal Hicks

Now that Prometheus has steered back towards more Alien territory, I've no doubt that we'll be seeing a resurface of ideas from Spaihts' script. Prometheus seemed to recycle a lot of old Alien elements so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

HuDaFuK

Ridley Scott's such a hack, always ripping off Ridley Scott's ideas.

PsyKore

It's funny when Prometheus came out and how the black goo reminded people of X-Files. And now this "squeezing through tight gaps" thing; it reminds me of the episodes about Tombs - a guy that would squeeze through impossibly tight gaps.

Perfect-Organism

I'm not keen on aliens squeezing through tight gaps.  Don't know why.  Just seems wrong.  It's been implied that aliens have an exoskeleton of sorts.  Now if that goes soft, there's another pieces of lore that goes out the window...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed