LV-223 and LV-426 Orbit the same planet!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Dec 07, 2016, 05:03:54 PM

Author
LV-223 and LV-426 Orbit the same planet!! (Read 36,414 times)

Engineer

Quote from: bb-15 on Jun 02, 2017, 01:08:35 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 01, 2017, 08:52:04 PM
Warnings are warnings for a reason.

1. They are. They tell emergency crews where to go.

2. My issues of LV-223 and LV-426 orbiting the same planet have now been put on hold due to the official explanation in "Covenant" regarding the xenomorphs.
The crash of the derelict on LV-426 and the Engineer's disaster on LV-223 now seem to be separated in time by thousands of years.

;)
Huh??

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Engineer on Jun 02, 2017, 01:16:53 AM
Quote from: bb-15 on Jun 02, 2017, 01:08:35 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 01, 2017, 08:52:04 PM
Warnings are warnings for a reason.

1. They are. They tell emergency crews where to go.

2. My issues of LV-223 and LV-426 orbiting the same planet have now been put on hold due to the official explanation in "Covenant" regarding the xenomorphs.
The crash of the derelict on LV-426 and the Engineer's disaster on LV-223 now seem to be separated in time by thousands of years.

;)
Huh??

SPOILERS FOR ALIEN COVENANT
(I'm not using spoiler tags because almost my entire comment has an "Alien: Covenant" spoiler.
But that is still relevant to the topic of this thread.)

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Sorry if what I wrote before wasn't clear.

- But my problems with the derelict and the Engineer base on LV-223 being so close together don't really matter that much now.
- In fact I think it's silly since Ridley's comments about "Alien Covenant", to debate in this thread what disaster clean up capabilities the Engineers might have had.

Why?

- The official explanation from Ridley's interviews about "Alien: Covenant" includes that David created the first xenomorphs.
At 3 minutes and 26 seconds in the following video;

QuoteRidley Scott: We took on a different direction.
The Engineers didn't make him (the xenomorph). David made him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo30bZc10D0

This explanation from Scott has huge effects on the Alien franchise, including with "Alien".

- Since the derelict has at least a hundred xenomorph eggs in its cargo hold, according to Ridley's explanation, those eggs had to come from David's creation in some way.
- David exists in the future. He was activated / released in 2090.
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/David_8_(Prometheus)

Therefore all xenomorph eggs must exist in the future after 2090.
So, the derelict with a load of xenomorph eggs must have crashed in the future (after 2090).

To sum it up imo;
- The Engineer's disaster at their base on LV-223 happened about two thousand years ago.
There is no evidence of Engineer activity on LV-223 after ~ two thousand years ago (until the Engineer in stasis was woken up in "Prometheus").
- The derelict crashed after 2090.

* Therefore it is impossible for the Engineers on LV-223 before their disaster (~ two thousand years ago) and the Space Jockey's ship since the crash of the derelict (after 2090) to have any interaction.

* Hopefully that's more clear.

;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed