Speculations on the fresh new angle Black is talking about?

Started by nanison, Dec 05, 2016, 02:55:09 AM

Author
Speculations on the fresh new angle Black is talking about? (Read 5,661 times)

nanison

nanison

Talk about them here. I wanna be up to date.
I really have no idea what else you can do that makes a 4th (or 6th if you want) sequel inspiring.

We all are hyped only because Black who has affinity with the franchise is going to do the film right? I have yet to see a film of his I think...

Wrong board, sorry guys!

BishopShouldGo

What you can do to make the sixth entry fresh is not recycle the basic construct the last five movies repeated. Which should've been done starting with the second film.

It's easy to do. All it takes is some imagination. Thankfully Shane has that in spades.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 05, 2016, 01:34:55 PM
What you can do to make the sixth entry fresh is not recycle the basic construct the last five movies repeated. Which should've been done starting with the second film.

It's easy to do. All it takes is some imagination. Thankfully Shane has that in spades.

Predator 2 is a great sequel wich is very different from the original and developped the pred species perfectly.
One of the greatest sequel ever, wich happened a lot in 1990.

BishopShouldGo

Nope. We get a few seconds of a trophy case and multiple predators and some new weapons and that's considered development?

Anyway...

Master

Ok. What's youe idea for sequel? What you consider development?

nanison

nanison

I'm pretty sure I know what's going on.
The predator will have a crossover with Conan. That's why we haven't had a word about the new Conan in months. This way it's also confirmed Arnold will be in the film. After Conan slays the predator after a exhausting, epic battle he looks at the sky. The film then ends with Ripley, Hicks and Newt crashing on the planet, with them a facehugger who leaps at Conan's face. This will result in a SuperAlien that perfectly set's up Blomkamp's vision for the Alien sequel.
You heard it here first!

OpenMaw

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Dec 05, 2016, 01:44:58 PM
Predator 2 is a great sequel wich is very different from the original and developped the pred species perfectly.

No. Predator 2 is literally just the same kind of film as the first Predator. It's a slasher film, only instead of it being spun from an 80s action movie, it's spun from a 80s/90s cop/detective movie.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: OpenMaw on Dec 07, 2016, 08:50:14 PM

No. Predator 2 is literally just the same kind of film as the first Predator. It's a slasher film, only instead of it being spun from an 80s action movie, it's spun from a 80s/90s cop/detective movie.

Thank you!

I would've loved it developed the predator species, but it did no such thing.

Trophy case? A clan of predators? A spaceship?

We knew it collected trophies and had a spaceship from the first movie, and certainly assumed there were more of its kind. The movie should've been more of 1) The Keyes character and the other governmental characters, them or a variation of those kinds of characters who were aware of the existence of the predator should've been the focus 2) The spaceship ending with multiple predators should've been a large, integral part of the movie too. Give me more interactions like the Elder throwing Harrigan the gun.

Predator_Spirit

Predator is not a slasher.There are no teenagers in this movie.

BishopShouldGo

Lol. You don't need teens for a slasher. It follows the slasher paradigm quite faithfully actually. Dutch is essentially the Final Girl.

Nothing wrong with that. Predator is a classic.

SiL

Dutch isn't a Final Girl. Final Girls are only alive at the end because they're the last person in line to be killed. He encounters the Predator before the end, before everyone else is dead, and escapes because of the plan they set up (the net).

That being said, yes, they're slashers -- murdering hunting down prey one-by-one until the final confrontation. But then so is Alien.

Johnny Handsome

Predator follows the "ten little indians" approach, but it not really a slasher movie. It's an action movie that has elements of Horror/sci-fi in it.

It's like saying Die Hard is a slasher movie, because Gruber is the only terrorist that makes it to the end and everyone get's killed one by one.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 08, 2016, 09:52:55 AM
Predator follows the "ten little indians" approach, but it not really a slasher movie. It's an action movie that has elements of Horror/sci-fi in it.

It's like saying Die Hard is a slasher movie, because Gruber is the only terrorist that makes it to the end and everyone get's killed one by one.

Agreed.
Alien is a a slasher, Predator is not.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

By your own metric Alien is not because there are no teenagers.

If Alien is a slasher then Predator is a slasher. They both follow ten little Indians.

Quote from: SiL on Dec 08, 2016, 07:53:19 AM
Dutch isn't a Final Girl. Final Girls are only alive at the end because they're the last person in line to be killed. He encounters the Predator before the end, before everyone else is dead, and escapes because of the plan they set up (the net).

That being said, yes, they're slashers -- murdering hunting down prey one-by-one until the final confrontation. But then so is Alien.

Yes of course. So is Alien indeed. I've always said this.

And those final girl details are just the window dressing. So he encounters it before the end. He's still the last one alive and has to face down the boogeyman, regardless of the minute details that preceded the events.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 07, 2016, 09:20:12 PM

Thank you!

I would've loved it developed the predator species, but it did no such thing.

Trophy case? A clan of predators? A spaceship?

We knew it collected trophies and had a spaceship from the first movie, and certainly assumed there were more of its kind. The movie should've been more of 1) The Keyes character and the other governmental characters, them or a variation of those kinds of characters who were aware of the existence of the predator should've been the focus 2) The spaceship ending with multiple predators should've been a large, integral part of the movie too. Give me more interactions like the Elder throwing Harrigan the gun.

But we had no idea that it had Alien trophies in the case

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed