Variety - Sigourney Weaver Interview - Nothing New

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 01, 2016, 09:39:37 PM

Author
Variety - Sigourney Weaver Interview - Nothing New (Read 2,079 times)

Corporal Hicks

http://variety.com/2016/film/features/sigourney-weaver-avatar-alien-1201930389/

QuoteWhat's the status of the "Alien" sequel?

I hope that Neill Blomkamp and I will eventually get back to it. He's written such a wonderful script. I look forward to finishing Ripley's story.

BishopShouldGo

That's right Sigourney, keep it "alive" with your utterances. I need Alien 3. *rubs hands*

426Buddy

I remember when she got her way and Ripley's story was finally finished.... then she came back to make AR

Scorpio

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 01, 2016, 09:54:00 PM
I remember when she got her way and Ripley's story was finally finished.... then she came back to make AR

Ripley 8 wasn't Ripley, though.  She only had strands of Ripley's dna.  ;)

PsyKore

This is getting painful now. I'm kinda hoping this whole Alien 5 thing goes away at this point.

g2vd

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 01, 2016, 09:39:37 PM
http://variety.com/2016/film/features/sigourney-weaver-avatar-alien-1201930389/

QuoteWhat's the status of the "Alien" sequel?

I hope that Neill Blomkamp and I will eventually get back to it. He's written such a wonderful script. I look forward to finishing Ripley's story.
This movie is DEAD put a fork in it.

Sigourney after all may end up being stuck in the endless Pre-Production of the next 11 Avatar sequels. :laugh:

Adam802

Its still happening.

Corporal Hicks

I think it's still too early to tell. I still think the general overwhelming positive crowd that helped get it greenlit in the first place is still there. I think Fox are just wanting to see how well Covenant performs.

BishopShouldGo

It's amazing how confident they are in their expensive, gory, bleak movie.

g2vd

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 13, 2016, 09:21:44 PM
It's amazing how confident they are in their expensive, gory, bleak movie.
"Your confidence in that planned sequel to a now Ancient 80s Movie that will have only three of the now Elderly actors that helped make the original so good, has not given you the clairvoyance on how to expand the franchise nor given you a way to show how great this franchise is."

:D

BishopShouldGo

That ancient '80s movie is a bonafide classic. All you need on the poster is "Sigourney Weaver" and "Young A-lister Who Portrays Newt" and maybe an A-lister who plays the Weyland-Yutani villain. Then you put Hicks in a supporting role, and don't include Bishop(maybe a passing reference). Problem solved.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed