Fox Celebrates Ridley Scott's Birthday With New Alien: Covenant Production Still!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2016, 06:28:13 PM

Author
Fox Celebrates Ridley Scott's Birthday With New Alien: Covenant Production Still! (Read 19,908 times)

Bughunter S. Thomson

Was the 'control panel' always illuminated like that?

HuDaFuK

Liking the new image. Cool that we'll be seeing that stuff again.

SamuelDL

Do not you think it's strange that the Space Jockey room in Covenant reappears? It is a very big and expensive scenario, so it has to be of great importance in the film. I hope they do not abuse him too much and take away the charm, because you remember that if they want to link the prequels with the movie of 79, it has to appear once more.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

A Juggernaut re-appearing is not surprising, it could be presented quite differently in the context of the film than what we see in the production still, lighting wise it looks a little darker than the final engineer's Juggernaut was in Prometheus.

windebieste

The Juggernaut appearing in 'PROMETHEUS' is trashed.  It's history.  Finished.  Fubar...  It was knocked outta commission by the Prometheus collision.  It's lying on the ground, useless now; to become Derelict no.2, if anything.  I don't think we'll be seeing it again.

Shaw and David depart LV-223 in a completely different vehicle.  It's highly likely this is the pilot chamber from their escape vehicle and not the Juggernaut. 

Oh, and Happy Birthday Riddles.  You da Man.

-Windebieste.

Necronomicon II

windebieste

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Dec 02, 2016, 07:17:22 AM
A Juggernaut re-appearing is not surprising, it could be presented quite differently in the context of the film than what we see in the production still, lighting wise it looks a little darker than the final engineer's Juggernaut was in Prometheus.

Nice try.  You might like to edit this line, too, while you're at it.  :P

-Windebieste.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 02, 2016, 07:25:37 AM
The Juggernaut appearing in 'PROMETHEUS' is trashed.  It's history.  Finished.  Fubar...  It was knocked outta commission by the Prometheus collision.  It's lying on the ground, useless now; to become Derelict no.2, if anything.  I don't think we'll be seeing it again.

Shaw and David depart LV-223 in a completely different vehicle.  It's highly likely this is the pilot chamber from their escape vehicle and not the Juggernaut. 

Oh, and Happy Birthday Riddles.  You da Man.

-Windebieste.

To quote Ridley from his Golden Globes speech, "It was -- extreme. It was very extreme."

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 02, 2016, 07:54:31 AM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on Dec 02, 2016, 07:17:22 AM

Nice try.  You might like to edit this line, too, while you're at it.  :P

-Windebieste.

lol I'm granting that it's most likely the Juggernaut that Shaw and David flew off in, just saying lighting wise this cockpit in the still looks darker than how the cockpit was lit in the final Engineer's Juggernaut lol 

Corporal Hicks

I'd think if was some other craft - an escape craft, like Winde mentioned - it'd be scaled down a bit. They had to build it from scratch again anyway so there'd be little point in making it the same size if the ship it was supposed to be in was smaller.

Xenoscream

It would make a lot of sense that the ship they arrive in would be part of the story. If for no other reason David is capable of piloting it, which means in my mind it needs to be taken out of commission. The fact he had the ability to leave the planet and return to Earth at any point needs to be addressed.

KainSwiss

This looks much darker and eerie. Loving the concept a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenoscream on Dec 05, 2016, 03:57:45 AM
It would make a lot of sense that the ship they arrive in would be part of the story. If for no other reason David is capable of piloting it, which means in my mind it needs to be taken out of commission. The fact he had the ability to leave the planet and return to Earth at any point needs to be addressed.

Yeah, exactly. I'm sure they'd be an expectation to see something like that addressed in the narrative.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenoscream on Dec 05, 2016, 03:57:45 AMThe fact he had the ability to leave the planet and return to Earth at any point needs to be addressed.

Maybe he simply didn't want to leave?

Maybe he's been having too much fun.

Necronomicon II

Yeah David admired the engineers, "a superior species, no doubt.", I don't think he'd want to go back to earth at all once he gets to paradise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed