Fox Celebrates Ridley Scott's Birthday With New Alien: Covenant Production Still!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2016, 06:28:13 PM

Author
Fox Celebrates Ridley Scott's Birthday With New Alien: Covenant Production Still! (Read 19,914 times)

Corporal Hicks

Today is the 79th birthday of Sir Ridley Scott and 20th Century Fox is celebrating with a brand new production still of the man himself on the set of Alien: Covenant!

Released via the various Alien social media platforms, this new production still is captioned “And a new kind of horror was born. Happy Birthday, Ridley Scott. ” and shows Ridley on the Orrey/Pilot’s Chamber set.

20th Century Fox celebrates Sir Ridley Scott's birthday with new Alien: Covenant production still!

20th Century Fox celebrates Sir Ridley Scott’s birthday with new Alien: Covenant production still!

We previously saw this location in the pictures leaked by So Is It Any Good back in October. One of the pictures showed the Pilot’s Chamber lit in a similar fashion. Those pictures have since been removed from the website but are available online through Google.

Stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Covenant! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

Pvt. Himmel

Nice :o!! Finally some new stuff, thanks Hicks!! 8)

MattFiler

I can't wait for a trailer. Everything shown and discussed about Covenant so far sounds brilliant.

Enoch

Enoch

That new pilot chamber is strange... it looks
like there is only one hibernation pod... :) ;)
Correct me if I m wrong.

And yes, I checked the leaked photo also.
Definitely from Covenant.

Spoiler
[close]

Stolen

The light is fantastic and we see an engineer! perfect!!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Enoch on Nov 30, 2016, 06:38:56 PM
That new pilot chamber is strange... it looks
like there is only one hibernation pod... :) ;)
Correct me if I m wrong.

Hard to really see from this angle but it looks like we have one straight to our left and one further away on the right side.

Food for thought but wasn't the chamber lit in a blue fashion in Prometheus when we see the holograms? Perhaps we'll be seeing more holographic recordings?

Quote from: Stolen on Nov 30, 2016, 06:40:00 PM

The chair looks empty to me.  :-\

BonesawT101

Seems safe to assume this is the ship(in the pic) David and Shaw left LV-223 in, right? Wonder how it'll feature in the movie. Perhaps the Covenant crew stumble across it before finding David.

Stolen

Quote from: Stolen on Nov 30, 2016, 06:40:00 PM

The chair looks empty to me.  :-\
[/quote]

Look at left on the pic, behind the chair, we distinguish an engineer ! Don't think ??

Beatnation

One can only hope this film is a smash success, maybe with that Fox finally understand that we don't need Ripley on the franchise again, NEW CHARACTERS A FRESH STORY, is what this movies need.

Kailem

I'll never get tired of seeing that chair in anything. ;D

Happy birthday Sir Ridley, and thanks for all the great movies you've made over a long and illustrious career!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Stolen on Nov 30, 2016, 07:04:14 PM
Look at left on the pic, behind the chair, we distinguish an engineer ! Don't think ??

Good eye! I see it now.

Freeze. Zoom. Now enhance.

PsyKore

The lighting looks much better than from what I remember in Prometheus. Much more spooky. Wonder if it will look like that in the final film.

Oh, and happy birthday, Ridley. Hope you're around for many more.

Ingwar

Looks like an Engineer. By the way, I love those lights and colours.

Xenomorphine

For those who distinguished the differences between the Space Jockey chair and the Engineer prop, what do you all make of estimating this one? Closer to the derelict chair dimensions and design or the more recent Juggernaut version?

Ingwar

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 30, 2016, 08:46:00 PM
For those who distinguished the differences between the Space Jockey chair and the Engineer prop, what do you all make of estimating this one? Closer to the derelict chair dimensions and design or the more recent Juggernaut version?

Despite dimensions, I thought that derelict and juggernaut cockpits are the same.

The one from the new picture looks like the one from Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed