Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 23, 2016, 11:30:27 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien (Read 76,344 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Trailer has been imminent all month.  :laugh:

Russ840

Can't wait to see this trailer. This will be my First real alien film I will see at the theatre.

I did see AVPR and Prometheus but both were let downs lol

lv_226

426Buddy

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 15, 2016, 09:44:13 PM
Can't wait to see this trailer. This will be my First real alien film I will see at the theatre.

I've watched Alien res, AvP,  AvPr, and Prometheus in theaters and was let down by all. Prometheus  was a better experience than the rest though.

I really hoping I can walk out of the theater with a smile this time.

Russ840

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 15, 2016, 09:47:52 PM

I've watched Alien res, AvP,  AvPr, and Prometheus in theaters and was let down by all. Prometheus  was a better experience than the rest though.

Ohh me too dude. Although I don't think I'll get the same feeling of wonder and horror that I felt when I first watched Alien. I was 9 lol. I remember it clearly. Loved it so much.

If Covenant can give me a tenth of that I'll be happy.

Ingwar

My first Alien film in cinema was ... Resurrection and maybe for that reason I like it. Sentiments :)

lv_226

I have been around to catch all of those as well!

While I really liked Prometheus upon first viewing, I can see why you would say that. Seems like the series is trying, with each iteration, to climb out of the creative hole that started with Alien 3. Prometheus was really the best entry in the franchise since 3, IMO. All of the films you mention are blemishes on the franchise and are bankrupt of any content which elevated the first two films to legendary status. The storyline introduced in Prometheus is an interesting direction to take things in, it being a diversion to the beginning of Alien in a way, and very well may be the intense ride we have been wanting since Aliens.

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 15, 2016, 09:55:44 PM

My first Alien film in cinema was ... Resurrection and maybe for that reason I like it. Sentiments :)

I totally respect that. I went with my mom—who introduced us to Alien and Aliens when we were 7/8—and my brother.

Russ840

I was only 15/16 when Res can out. I would have loved to get in to the cinema at the time. Some how I missed AVP. No idea why. I think I was away training.

Russ840

Quote from: lv_226 on Dec 15, 2016, 09:57:34 PM

I have been around to catch all of those as well!

While I really liked Prometheus upon first viewing, I can see why you would say that. Seems like the series is trying, with each iteration, to climb out of the creative hole that started with Alien 3. Prometheus was really the best entry in the franchise since 3, IMO. All of the films you mention are blemishes on the franchise and are bankrupt of any content which elevated the first two films to legendary status. The storyline introduced in Prometheus is an interesting direction to take things in, it being a diversion to the beginning of Alien in a way, and very well may be the intense ride we have been wanting since Aliens.

I totally respect that. I went with my mom—who introduced us to Alien and Aliens when we were 7/8—and my brother.

I also remember being kind of happy after Prometheus. I think the combination of wanting to love it, being beautiful to look at and having some good ideas clouded my judgment. After each viewing I found I pulled it to pieces more and more.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 15, 2016, 10:02:29 PM
Quote from: lv_226 on Dec 15, 2016, 09:39:02 PM
Trailer imminent?

We'll know it's imminent when we see a tip-off similar to this in the next few days.

https://twitter.com/robtrench/status/809152923217330177

We've heard potentially the 24th for the embargo lifting, and from French media the 26th for the trailer, doesn't that mean there's a possibility the A:C trailer WON'T be with Assassins creed? I would have thought Fox would have been wary about it leaking online if it premieres on the 21st

Ingwar

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 15, 2016, 09:59:18 PM

I was only 15/16 when Res can out. I would have loved to get in to the cinema at the time. Some how I missed AVP. No idea why. I think I was away training.

I was only 14 when it came out and I didn't have any problems getting into the cinema :) Nobody was asking for ID at that time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed