Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 23, 2016, 11:30:27 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien (Read 77,308 times)

SamuelDL

SamuelDL

Quote from: Super Predator on Nov 30, 2016, 03:20:41 AM
We need a wallpaper version of the teaser poster.

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

The Alien: From Egg To Adult By Smell

Egg:
Earthy, like sniffing a fungus growing on some moist dirt... until it opens.

Once opened, you would smell the most wretched fart. Not like a normal fart. The fart of an emaciated old lady wandering the halls of an old folk's home. Spoiled, boiled cabbage. The fart that tells you something's wrong with a person.

Facehugger:
This little guy still reeks of the egg for awhile, but it's own enzymes quickly clean it, giving way to a musky smell.

If dead & dry, it would smell much like the closed egg. If still alive & lubricated, more like patchouli & machine oil.

Chestburster:
Now of course the Chestburster is going to smell pungent & coppery when it's freshly birthed, being covered in the blood of whatever.

Shortly after though you would find that it smelled much farty like the inside of the egg. Maybe not as bad, probably like a freshly opened bag of BBQ potato chips. This is true of course until it begins shedding it's skin, at which point it would gradually give way to -

Adult:
The adult Xenomorph is constantly excreting lubricant from it's hide & drool from it's mouth which allows it to be a silent killer, a well oiled machine. The scent of the adult Xenomorph will vary slightly depending on it's environment & the amount and type of particulates it can absorb into it's body through the tubes on it's back.

Being biomechanical in nature I would imagine the adult Xenomorph has a very subtle scent if any, & that it would, if anything, smell faintly of machine oil or sex lubricant. If one were to encounter a cold, dry Alien that had been exposed to the vacuum of space for a brief period you might catch a wiff of motel room air conditioner just before it huffs it's pharyngeal jaw deep into your cranium.

When he's not covered in guts, the adult Xenomorph smells like the guy that changes your oil & is sleeping with his boss' wife. Start living right, Joe.

SamuelDL

It's the camera in the reflection of the puppet or the endless wait for the trailer is driving me crazy?

The Alien Predator

Corporal Hicks

SamuelDL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 30, 2016, 08:44:24 AM
Quote from: SamuelDL on Nov 30, 2016, 06:35:20 AM

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. If you want me to modify something, say it. It did not take long.

whiterabbit

Quote from: SamuelDL on Nov 30, 2016, 09:09:04 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 30, 2016, 08:44:24 AM
Quote from: SamuelDL on Nov 30, 2016, 06:35:20 AM

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. If you want me to modify something, say it. It did not take long.
Hey that's a nice wallpaper but if it is not too much trouble, could you perhaps, add Ellen Ripley to it. Say about 10 years old... plus some snazzy dialog about her mother being the savior of humanity. I'd like that.

g2vd

I say it's time to make AVP-Galaxy's Header and Background Alien Covenant themed.

Oh man that could look awesome! with all the cool green.

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

When is this trailer coming out already! Surely with the new release date it must be soon. Other films start the teasers of teaser trailer much earlier ... Basically, I don't do waiting  ::) Nice idea for the header.

Corporal Hicks

I imagine we'll be seeing one within the next couple of weeks.

NickisSmart

The first Prometheus trailer came out about six months before the film was released, in December. Prometheus came out in June; Covenant is coming out in mid-May so I imagine we'll still be getting one in December for it, too.

stroggificated

Just found this thread now.
I still don't buy it after over 25 years. Another Deacon is still possible. :P

Vermillion

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 25, 2016, 07:11:09 AM
People turning into eggs... might as well just say the xenomorphs have magic transformation powers at that point.

Royal Jelly. 

Stupid concept ever.  Yes Bishop said it in the novel which is 85% the same as the film. But come on.  Really.

Royal Black Goo does the Egg Morphing next. 

Oy vey

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Vermillion on Dec 01, 2016, 04:52:41 PMRoyal Jelly. 

Stupid concept ever.

So stupid it's a real substance used in the creation of queens in the insect (specifically bee) kingdom?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed