Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 23, 2016, 11:30:27 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien (Read 77,221 times)

windebieste

Pffft.  Who cares about virtues?  Must.  Haz.  Trailer!

Will trade Virtues for Trailer.  Gimme.

-Windebieste.

The Alien Predator

Sod the trailer, I want film NOW!!!

Game_Over_Man

I rewatched Prometheus last night...it wasn't as bad as I remembered, but the unforgiving issues I have still concern the stupid character choices, the humanoid engineers and the crudely edited finale.

Is it possible to salvage the mystery of the Xeno and the Engineers? Yes. Just please don't let the Xeno's be a human hybrid made by David's experiments with the biomatter, and please let the Engineers be themselves mere servants to a higher, more "Alien" being.

The last thing we need is detailed explanations, excessive exposition of who and what these beings are. Imagine how creepy the briefest glimpse of another intelligent creature could be -  a master in the shadows, letting his beasts wreak havoc.

Of course I'm delighted there's a new movie arriving, I'm just more or less convinced the enigmas of the original film will be diluted, if at all present.

Lexxdog

There not "space bugs" there total ALIEN" to everything we know 😊

HuDaFuK

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 27, 2016, 09:40:24 PMThere are no insects on Earth that transforms their prey into eggs.

Worth mentioning that according to Ridley, nothing is transformed, the cocooned person is just a food source that the egg uses to grow. There are lots of insects that use still-living prey to feed their growing young like that.

axor

You can't wish for something to happen. In the end, this is Ridley's idea. It is his creation. People need to stop this whole "I want this....that". You cannot please everybody. Besides, the derelict on LV 426 is much older than the year in which covenant will be taking place, thus, the alien being created by David on this new planet would conflict with evidence of eggs found on LV426. Let's be honest, he will not be bending the timeline this much.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Lexxdog on Nov 28, 2016, 08:27:02 AM
There not "space bugs" there total ALIEN" to everything we know 😊
It has a tail. I know what a tail is. Teeth, head, TUBES too, insatiable sexual appetite, check. Not much at all that's really ALIEN.  Heck they are space bugs the same as we are space pussy to them. :P

Ingwar

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 27, 2016, 11:50:38 PM
Pffft.  Who cares about virtues?  Must.  Haz.  Trailer!

Will trade Virtues for Trailer.  Gimme.

-Windebieste.

8)

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

Interesting word Run. To me the word links to Vickers telling David that if she doesn't tell him what Weyland said she'd find the cord that makes him run and pull it. I guess 10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD!", 20 GOTO 10, RUN
sort of thing. So Run to me made me immediately think of that, "running" or being alive in David's terms. I guess it's nothing to do with this but that's what I thought of.

Mustangjeff

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 28, 2016, 09:10:26 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Nov 27, 2016, 09:40:24 PMThere are no insects on Earth that transforms their prey into eggs.

Worth mentioning that according to Ridley, nothing is transformed, the cocooned person is just a food source that the egg uses to grow. There are lots of insects that use still-living prey to feed their growing young like that.

I know what you mean, but at a basic biological level that is what exactly what eating and digestion is.    The egg, via the mechanism of digestions, is transforming the food source into itself.  I can transform pizza and hamburgers into body fat pretty easy :)

Rayden02

This teaser image reminds me of the first Alien poster! :D
The Xeno head and the egg shape is very similar!  ;D

gabgrave

gabgrave

Speaking of which, I don't think it has ever been addressed what aliens smell like, has it? Wonder if it will be brought up in the movie here. I mean, if the alien from the first movie smelt of something or even of all the rotting guts and brains of the former crew members, it would have given the survivors a visceral prompt of its presence.

SiL

Ridley imagined it reeked.

Space Invader

We need a wallpaper version of the teaser poster.

whiterabbit

An alien must smell like a heavily soiled rubber SM dominatrix outfit soaked in battery acid.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed