Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 23, 2016, 11:30:27 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien (Read 77,282 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Nov 26, 2016, 12:41:25 PM
Is that official or fan made? Just checked it out. Fan made it would seem.

Figures! :laugh:

XENOMORPHOSIS

Question popping to mind, how will the subsequent posters turn out, how creative will they get? The possibilities are endless. On another note, Scott had made a comment of doing 3 Prometheus sequels allegedly, is he still intending to do this or have his plans changed?

I'd assume Prometheus was simply a trilogy, Alien Covenant would be the second chapter and the third movie to come after wards will be the one the links up to the events of the original Alien. if there's any movie out of these 3 I want its the one that links to the original Alien, that's the prequels I've been waiting for.

BonesawT101

I'm not too bothered about a 'direct' prequel bringing us right up to the events of Alien in the way that 'The Thing' 2011 did with Capenter's film. I don't think that is necessary really, but a film set before the original film, involving the aliens, engineers, and possibly a connection or two to the '79 film will do just fine for me.  8) And it sounds like that's precisely what we're getting.

whiterabbit

Actually Alien: Covenant will be the first movie of a trilogy as far as I understand it. Prometheus may one day be retitled Alien: Prometheus though. However best as I understand it; they are planning for two more movies after this. I'm not sure if anyone remembers way back when, but I remember Ridley saying that he was planing on doing 3 or 4 movies. So Prometheus may well be the first of the four.

DoctorXeno

does this mean the Alan Dean Foster novels are being moved up to may as well?

Valaquen

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 25, 2016, 09:43:19 PM
It's not just hideous - it's incomprehensible.  It's truly Alien in a way we find completely outside our experience. 

-Windebieste.

Not really, various nasty insects do it all the time. The egg morph victims are not turned into Aliens; their bodies are used for sustenance and protection for a deposited spore (Giger thought the Alien "drains the blood out of its human prey and [forms] the dried husk into a cocoon"). Probably why the inside of an egg looks like somebody's guts (and why the eggs in the scripts were described as having a 'tan discolouration' and 'leathery' appearance: they're rendered literally from flesh.)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Nov 27, 2016, 01:03:37 PM
On another note, Scott had made a comment of doing 3 Prometheus sequels allegedly, is he still intending to do this or have his plans changed?

Wayne mentioned in the AVPG interview that Scott was still interested in shooting two more Alien prequel films in Aussie. That's the latest.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 27, 2016, 01:22:55 PM
Actually Alien: Covenant will be the first movie of a trilogy as far as I understand it. I'm not sure if anyone remembers way back when, but I remember Ridley saying that he was planing on doing 3 or 4 movies.

Yup.

Quote from: Valaquen on Nov 27, 2016, 03:32:21 PM
Probably why the inside of an egg looks like somebody's guts (and why the eggs in the scripts were described as having a 'tan discolouration' and 'leathery' appearance: they're rendered literally from flesh.)

IIRC, they used actual bovine stomach lining/intestines, didn't they? Wonder what the set smelled like under the hot studio lights and summer heat?

Kane also uses the words "leathery objects" to describe the eggs in the film itself.

NickisSmart

It's not just hideous - it's incomprehensible.  It's truly Alien in a way we find completely outside our experience. 

-Windebieste.

Not really, various nasty insects do it all the time. The egg morph victims are not turned into Aliens; their bodies are used for sustenance and protection for a deposited spore (Giger thought the Alien "drains the blood out of its human prey and [forms] the dried husk into a cocoon"). Probably why the inside of an egg looks like somebody's guts (and why the eggs in the scripts were described as having a 'tan discolouration' and 'leathery' appearance: they're rendered literally from flesh.)

It's still generally outside of human experience, even if bugs do it all the time.

CainsSon

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Nov 27, 2016, 01:03:37 PM
Question popping to mind, how will the subsequent posters turn out, how creative will they get? The possibilities are endless. On another note, Scott had made a comment of doing 3 Prometheus sequels allegedly, is he still intending to do this or have his plans changed?

I'd assume Prometheus was simply a trilogy, Alien Covenant would be the second chapter and the third movie to come after wards will be the one the links up to the events of the original Alien. if there's any movie out of these 3 I want its the one that links to the original Alien, that's the prequels I've been waiting for.

From what I've gathered, Prometheus will act as a bit of a Prologue and THIS film will begin a trilogy of new films that link with Alien.

Ingwar

windebieste

-Windebieste.

Not really, various nasty insects do it all the time.

What 'nasty insects'? 

There are no insects on Earth that transforms their prey into eggs.  What's more, we aren't hosts to be cocooned or transformed in this way by any naturally occurring organism on this planet thus making the process outside our experience. 

Some insects use hosts to breed in.  All insects physically change and metamorphose from larvae to adult.   There are no insects that combine both of these traits to physically alter the host and transform them. These are 2 different processes at work here and they do not occur together.  You could add a 3rd trait to this list.  Some insects actually cocoon their prey* - but once again, no actual transformation is taking place to the host.

The egg morph victims are not turned into Aliens; their bodies are used for sustenance and protection for a deposited spore (Giger thought the Alien "drains the blood out of its human prey and [forms] the dried husk into a cocoon"). Probably why the inside of an egg looks like somebody's guts (and why the eggs in the scripts were described as having a 'tan discolouration' and 'leathery' appearance: they're rendered literally from flesh.)

This I completely agree with.   Bring on Eggmorphing I say.  Sounds like fun to me!  ;)

-Windebieste.

*No.  I am not talking about spiders.  Spiders are not insects.  Mind you, they don't transform their prey into eggs, either.  :P

The Alien Predator

^

You mean to tell me that you haven't heard of the nasty insect called Ripley?

It is eggmorphing the franchise into a reboot as we speak!

Lol kidding.  :laugh:

Some have suggested that the eggmorphing is probably not a process turning the host into an egg, but simply breaking it down into a nutritional sludge for the Alien/s.

But I like the idea of eggmorphing, it really sounds terrifying to be transformed while fully aware of it. Actually, both sound terrifying, turned into egg or into food for the hive... why not have both? It'd double the terror. Maybe the eggmorphed person's leftovers are used by the Facehugger for energy when it leaves the egg, and also for biological materials to help grow and maintain the emgryo. The queen usually provides everything needed when she lays an egg, but if one's not present then this'd make sense.

But a separate scenario is where a person is placed into a pre-prepared empty egg-like sac to be broken down and eaten by the others. So most of the time they'd likely be doing this if a queen is present, but if not, then they'd resort to eggmorphing. This makes me think of how ant and been hives have specific places where food is stored. How bees have them polygons to help feed the hive. Maybe Alien hives have these egg-like feeders for their hive.

Perfect organism, the ultimate survivor is ready for anything! Extinction can kiss its chitinous acidic arse for all it cares.

Novak 1334

When are we getting a trailer? 

Ingwar

Novak 1334

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 27, 2016, 10:36:31 PM
Quote from: Novak 1334 on Nov 27, 2016, 10:18:24 PM
When are we getting a trailer?
Patience is a virtue ;).

It is.  But it seems to disappear when a new Alien movie is involved

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed