Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 23, 2016, 11:30:27 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien (Read 77,301 times)

Lonely Universe

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 25, 2016, 09:12:10 PM
Quote from: Lonely Universe on Nov 25, 2016, 03:01:12 PM
I'm not a big fan of egg morphing either & I'm glad the idea was scrapped. It doesn't seem as natural as the established method of the Alien's reproductive cycle.

I won't really mind if it appears in the new movie though since the black goo will probably be around. I mean there are definitely eggs in there, weird eggs!

So, you don't like eggmorphing because it's not natural.  Fair enough. 

Then again, please explain to me anything that is 'natural' about this:

-Windebieste.

"It doesn't seem as natural" is not the same as "it's not natural".

Besides, egg morphing has a very 50's pod people schlocky Roger Corman feel to it.

If you look at the variation in species on this very Earth the Alien is totally a thing that could exist.

windebieste

"If you look at the variation in species on this very Earth the Alien is totally a thing that could exist."

You mean, like the hardiness of tardigrades, the pharyngeal jaws of moray eels and the ability of wasps to use host spiders to breed inside.  Sure.  But each one of these animals only individually displays traits of the Alien. 

Oh, you could combine all of them into a single specimen and you would get the Alien.

...but that's not exactly natural, is it?

-Windebieste.

SM

The implications of egg morphing are hideous.  Having your body and brain breakdown and form into something else, while you're aware that it's happening would be horrendous.  WAY worse than being facehugged.

windebieste

It's not just hideous - it's incomprehensible.  It's truly Alien in a way we find completely outside our experience. 

-Windebieste.

Lonely Universe

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 25, 2016, 09:29:13 PM
"If you look at the variation in species on this very Earth the Alien is totally a thing that could exist."

You mean, like the hardiness of tardigrades, the pharyngeal jaws of moray eels and the ability of wasps to use host spiders to breed inside.  Sure.  But each one of these animals only individually displays traits of the Alien. 

Oh, you could combine all of them into a single specimen and you would get the Alien.

-Windebieste.
I'm not arguing about how natural anything is in an infinite universe friend. I'm saying the established method of egg laying is more believable/less corny to audiences.

Ingwar

It doesn't really matter if it's natural or not natural. It's fictional :).

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 25, 2016, 09:43:19 PM
It's not just hideous - it's incomprehensible.  It's truly Alien in a way we find completely outside our experience. 

-Windebieste.

Yes! Is more Alien than the Queen's cycle. That way, the monster seems less and less an animal from Earth and much more like an extraterrestrial being  8)

whiterabbit

Quote from: Lonely Universe on Nov 25, 2016, 09:46:55 PM
Quote from: windebieste on Nov 25, 2016, 09:29:13 PM

-Windebieste.
I'm not arguing about how natural anything is in an infinite universe friend. I'm saying the established method of egg laying is more believable/less corny to audiences.
What universe do you live in? :P

Eggmorphing is metamorphosing an unwilling host. If butterflies can do it why not an alien dna-construct from another world do it to us? It is both horrible and incomprehensible to humans as said up above.

Also with Ridley using so many unused ideas from Alien; he may also want to use the 8 different types of eggs idea left on the cutting room floor. So in this alien universe we can have everything. Egg layer aliens, Morphing Aliens, intergalactic transwarping starship aliens too.

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 25, 2016, 09:48:46 PM
It doesn't really matter if it's natural or not natural. It's fictional :).
How do you know that? Giger's mind was twisted as shit, how do we know he didn't enter into an alien consciousnesses near by and witness the alien in dreams. Which need I remind you, is where he first saw the beast. This wasn't something he came up with on the drafting board, it came to him in his dreams. Hive mind for the win. :P  :D

windebieste

Sorry, the whole Queen Alien thing is what has become cliched and 'corny'.  It's stale and in need of desperate revision.  Eggmorphing was in these movies right from the very beginning, years before the Queen came along.  Yet, we've never even seen it complete its purpose.  We assume that eggmorphing will result in a new egg with a facehugger inside... what if it's something else?  What if it's something different. Don't you want to find out? 

This is Scott's movie.   If anything, Eggmorphing will be in.  Queenie will be out. 

-Windebieste.

whiterabbit

It was supposed to end in an explosion spore cocoon according to the original draft. Which rumors has it; is how the covenant crew gets infected. Spores through the ears and nose.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 25, 2016, 09:55:56 PM
Eggmorphing is metamorphosing an unwilling host. If butterflies can do it why not an alien dna-construct from another world do it to us?

That's a very interesting point you raise.  Presumably, an Alien could possibly inject a human with black goo - or similar bodily secretion - to initiate their transformation into an Egg.  I'm guessing that's possible, considering what we have seen in 'PROMETHEUS'. 

-Windebieste.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 25, 2016, 10:01:17 PM
It was supposed to end in an explosion spore cocoon according to the original draft. Which rumors has it; is how the covenant crew gets infected. Spores through the ears and nose.

Scott is really pulling all the old ideas out of the closet, hey. 

-Windebieste

whiterabbit

After all the years of "why didn't they use that", "the concept art looked was more interesting", "that thing sucks"; he's giving most of us exactly what we wanted. Which means, wait for the drum roll... they'll be a predator skull on the engineers trophy wall.

BonesawT101

Is all this egg morphing vs queen chatter on topic?  ??? 8)

whiterabbit

Yes. Yes it is.  Sure there is a forum thread about it already but... no, wait... get your hands off o AHHHHH......

BonesawT101

Whiterabbit has just been eggmorphed  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed