Cinematographer Larry Fong to Shoot Shane Black’s ‘The Predator’.

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Nov 21, 2016, 07:42:51 PM

Author
Cinematographer Larry Fong to Shoot Shane Black’s ‘The Predator’. (Read 11,367 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Larry did Super 8

Super 8 had a full CGI monster

full CGI Predator confirmed

Corporal Hicks

Beat you to that joke, Omega.  :P

HuDaFuK

Sounds good to me. 300, Watchmen, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Super 8 all looked superb, and the trailers for Kong: Skull Island imply it will be equally wonderful.

The Wolverine Predator

I agree, I think it was a good choice and I think we will be pleasantly surprised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 23, 2016, 07:02:26 PM
Sounds good to me. 300, Watchmen, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Super 8 all looked superb, and the trailers for Kong: Skull Island imply it will be equally wonderful.

This.  Say what you want about the quality of those films, but they were gorgeous looking.  I expect The Predator to be the same. 

Beatnation

I'm pleased with the news. In terms of visuals, I'm loved a lot of what he has done before. Watchman is also probably one of my favourite films.
[/quote]

Watchmen is a classic in my book. It's the sole reason I give Snyder a bit of slack. I'm waiting for him to repeat that triumph.
[/quote]

How about the Dawn of the Dead remake from 2004??

goose_3387

Watched Kong yesterday and I thought the visuals were incredible. Will be interesting to see if Fong has full creative control for The Predator.

skhellter

Fong isnt directing the film..c'mon now.

goose_3387

Quote from: skhellter on Mar 30, 2017, 10:08:14 PM

I mean in terms of camera work. I don't see why they would hire Fong and not use his creative talents.

SiL

Black doesn't strike me as the kind of director who could, or would try to, compete with or overrule his DPs.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: greygoose on Mar 31, 2017, 06:39:18 AM

I mean in terms of camera work. I don't see why they would hire Fong and not use his creative talents.

You answered your own question

goose_3387

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Mar 31, 2017, 02:23:39 PM
Quote from: greygoose on Mar 31, 2017, 06:39:18 AM

You answered your own question

I never asked a question in the first place.

BishopShouldGo

You satiated your own curiosity*

von

Be sure to follow him on Instagram (unclewow).

He's been posting non-spoilerish BTS set photos from his own perspective lately! Just glimpses, really

Corporal Hicks

Found a picture of Larry on the set.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed