Katherine Waterston Talks Working with Michael Fassbender & Stunts on Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 19, 2016, 03:13:58 PM

Author
Katherine Waterston Talks Working with Michael Fassbender & Stunts on Alien: Covenant (Read 5,926 times)

Corporal Hicks

Katherine Waterston talks working with Michael Fassbender & stunts on Alien: Covenant. In an interview with Hot Press, Katherine Waterston spoke briefly about her time on Alien: Covenant. Alien: Covenant isn’t the first time that Waterston has appeared alongside Michael Fassbender. The two previously worked together on Steve Jobs.

Talking about Fassbender, Waterston had nothing but positive things to say about her co-star: "I'm in awe of his talent," she sighs admiringly. "It's difficult to remain in awe of someone when you're working with them, because you need to get through the day and not just sit around drooling! But there are times with him when I look at him and he's doing something so amazing, I forget myself. At one point in Alien we're running and he did the most amazing robot run, I was just staring at him!"

While not a massive story detail (and quite expected), it does give a tiny bit of detail in that David (or Walter) and Daniels will find themselves doing a bit of running. Likely from an Alien.

Katherine Waterston talks working with Michael Fassbender & stunts on Alien: Covenant in an interview with Hot Press.

Katherine Waterston talks working with Michael Fassbender & stunts on Alien: Covenant in an interview with Hot Press.

The interview also talks a little about stunt work (more specifically on Fantastic Beasts) but Ridley’s attitude towards filming them was brought up: "Ridley Scott said something that I love," recalls Waterston, "which was, 'Let's shoot it, the worst that can happen is we're wrong.'

Thanks to BeatlesFass for the news. Keep tuned to Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Covenant! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

Scorpio

Really looking forward to Waterston and Fassbender's performances in this.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 19, 2016, 03:25:23 PM
Really looking forward to Waterston and Fassbender's performances in this.

August can't come soon enough.  8)

Corporal Hicks

I really hope it's well documented for the home release. I want to see some great behind the scenes footage of everyone.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 19, 2016, 03:36:23 PM
I really hope it's well documented for the home release. I want to see some great behind the scenes footage of everyone.
This^.

Ingwar

Robot run :). Cannot wait to see that.

NickisSmart

Like Ash, in Alien? I definitely want to see that.

SamuelDL

SamuelDL

Will be able to match this?:

For me David 8 is the best of Prometheus. As I am glad that Fassbender repeats, and also twice! If Covenant works (please, so be it) I can imagine it doing three androids in the next movie. xD

Corporal Hicks

I just wonder if he'll be able to run in non-linear patterns.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed