Best ever Predator pic/pic of Predator?

Started by TheUrbanPredator, Sep 15, 2007, 09:32:39 PM

Author
Best ever Predator pic/pic of Predator? (Read 1,094,254 times)

shadowedge

^ Yeah. The ultraviolet tip would have really helped him.

Normally I am not a fan of 3D rendered art, but this is pretty cool:

shadowedge

shadowedge

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 21, 2012, 07:26:05 PM
infra red and thermal are the same thing aren't they

Almost.

Infrared is the spectrum of light right next to the visible spectrum. All things that are not as cold as Absolute 0 give off some degree of heat, and that heat is infrared light. Infrared light is heat. Even the cold vacuum of space has some heat, even if that is just slightly above absolute 0.

Infrared is a much bigger spectrum of light than the visible spectrum of light so it likely has colors that we cannot even comprehend, since our eyes cannot see them.

When you see infrared photography online, the camera CAN see the infrared light, but it converts the image to "false colors" using our visible light spectrum so we can see it. We don't know what true infrared looks like.

Some examples of digital photos taken in the infrared spectrum and then assigned a visible light false color:

Because it does not require visible light you can take an infrared photo in complete darkness and the resulting photo will look like you took it in the middle of the afternoon!

Thermal imaging is when cameras use the infrared spectrum of light and then assigns a different visible light color to each temperature range. It too is a false color, but in this instance it is giving colors to different temperature ranges.

Basically if something has a temperature range of 100 degrees the camera might assign:
1-20 degrees = black
20-40 = blue
40-60 = red
60-80 = yellow
80-100 = white

Here are some examples of thermal imaging:

Popsicle melting: http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/image_galleries/images/popsicle_scale.jpg

A cup with hot water inside: http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/image_galleries/images/hotcup_vis.jpg
http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/image_galleries/images/hotcup_scale.jpg

Both are infrared, just varies in how the camera assigns visible light colors. Thermal is measuring the temperature, using infrared light.

We do not know what the real colors of infrared are, since our eyes and brains are not wired to see those colors. The wavelengths of infrared radiation is too long. That is why we use false colors.

I hope this helps.

chupacabras acheronsis

both are cases of using man-visible colors to highlight temperature, the first one is just done with artistic sense. neither is different from the other in the nature of the light itself. for the predator, such distinction is virtually impossible, since they don't convert this information at all. what we saw in the movies is just a crude representation of what's really going on.

Topazora

Topazora

nevermin8d

looking at his site, the picture is the only one there... so I'm not sure if the picture is his... but it's a cool picture none the less.

PREDDY VEDDER

PREDDY VEDDER

DoomRulz

Quote from: shadowedge on Mar 21, 2012, 07:20:35 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly42cgBWlb1qdpcroo1_500.png

This captures the bare essence of Predator. A hunter on his game, with no mercy and no remorse. I love it.

Don PapI

A really nice drawing, i like the body efect and the lighting

Requiem28

Quote from: shadowedge on Mar 21, 2012, 07:20:35 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly42cgBWlb1qdpcroo1_500.png

pretty good.

Shasvre

That's what happens when you go hunting in the Dagobah system. ;D

Gosutoraida

Wonder who'd win in a fight with Samuel L. Jackson and Anytime...

Sexy Poot

Quote from: Laufey on Mar 23, 2012, 09:34:34 PM

Ur kidding me right? He is kidding right? RIGHT!?

shadowedge

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Mar 23, 2012, 09:55:15 PM
Quote from: Laufey on Mar 23, 2012, 09:34:34 PM

Ur kidding me right? He is kidding right? RIGHT!?

To be fair, Prequel Yoda would probably beat a single Predator 9/10 of the time. The force would let he know where the Predator is despite his cloaking. He should be fast enough to dodge plasma caster shots, and he take force choke the Predator from a massive range.

Requiem28

New one from Stan Winston Website.  BatPred...

Topazora

Topazora

cool painting, but it looks off

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed