"I Don't Know How I'm Going To Be In It" - Lance Henriksen Talks Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 10, 2016, 11:10:58 PM

Author
"I Don't Know How I'm Going To Be In It" - Lance Henriksen Talks Alien 5 (Read 20,240 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 11, 2016, 03:45:43 PM
With Charles Weyland, I don't think it's impossible to have him back at Michael Bishop again.

You mean Bishop II at the end of Alien 3? But how will you contrive that if Alien 3 never happened in the Blomkampverse?

Or will you just have him pick the Bishop II character from Alien 3 and then trash the rest of the film?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 11, 2016, 04:26:38 PM
You mean Bishop II at the end of Alien 3? But how will you contrive that if Alien 3 never happened in the Blomkampverse?

Or will you just pick the Bishop II character from Alien 3 and then trash the rest of the film?

That's where I could see them going with it to get Lance back in.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

I can hardly wait to see Bishop back in the series, spouting "I'm old but not obsolete".  Oh wait... yes I can, indefinitely so.

Quote from: dinosauriac on Nov 11, 2016, 04:00:16 AMLance is a nice guy and he's been generous about coming back time after time...

I have nothing against the guy and as you say, he does seem like a decent sort but "generous" is not the correct word.  Have you seen some of the straight-to-DVD garbage that Lance Henriksen routinely appears in?!  I honestly don't think that he's in a position to be too choosy in regards to which roles he takes on.  He's certainly extremely unlikely to ever turn down a relatively more high profile gig (such as something Alien related).

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 11, 2016, 04:27:39 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 11, 2016, 04:26:38 PM

Or will you just pick the Bishop II character from Alien 3 and then trash the rest of the film?

That's where I could see them going with it to get Lance back in.

It's going to confuse the hell out of people if Alien 3 will supposedly be completely ignored only to have Bishop (I'm not a droid!) II return from Alien 3. It's going to be a real WTF? scenario.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

I'd like to think people wouldn't be that thrown by it.

Ash 937

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 11, 2016, 04:32:24 PM

It's going to confuse the hell out of people if Alien 3 will supposedly be completely ignored only to have Bishop (I'm not a droid!) II return from Alien 3. It's going to be a real WTF? scenario.  :laugh:

Nah.  I feel like only the fanbase really remembers the details Alien3 at this point.  I had a conversation with someone that was a fan of Aliens a few months ago and he had recalled a lot of fond things about THAT film though.  When I asked what he thought of Alien3, his response was, "Is that the one where they go to the planet and everyone has their heads shaved?"  Then he went on to say that he didn't remember too much about the film but he remembered not liking it too much.

I think a lot of people are would say that about Alien3 in 2016.  So you could take elements of that film and it won't really bother anybody...except for maybe a few on message boards like this one.

saintssinphony

Havent posted in forever but imo
Lance/Bishop= 'member berries.  Which sucks in a way but id still watch.

LiquidMonster

I posted a story idea I had for what I thought Blomkamp's direction may go with the script. In it I proposed that Weyland personnel boarded the Sulaco shortly after the events in Aliens and did some type of dna extraction process where they made clones of the characters which they then put back on the Sulaco to "cover their tracks". This would still validate the Alien 3 and Resurection movies though I can't stand them.

Anyways, due to the tech Weyland used, it *aged* the characters significantly because of growth hormones/etc during the dna extraction of them. This would explain their aging *if* the story picks up shortly after Aliens.

Weyland has the *real* Ripley, Hicks, Newt and Bishop in a secret facility. Weyland brings Bishop back on-line and re-assembles him. He manages to break Ripley, Hicks and Newt out of their forced hybernation chambers with news that he's detected a distress signal coming from LV-426......

Lance also was joking around at the SDCC Panel by saying that Bishop has the ability to age with his human counter-parts as to not make them feel odd/isolated, whatever. I thought it was a neat idea.

windebieste

Nice try at attempting to keep the 'unpopular' movies included in your proposal; but as soon as you line up so many hoops to jump through in order to justify older actors reprising roles they haven't played for 3 decades, you'd be better off with a fresh story and new characters.

-Windebieste.

PsyKore

The only way this movie can work is if it's 30 years after Aliens. Otherwise it's just gonna be hokey AF. I don't see a problem with that, either, considering the large time gaps between films.

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Nov 12, 2016, 01:22:21 AM
Lance also was joking around at the SDCC Panel by saying that Bishop has the ability to age with his human counter-parts as to not make them feel odd/isolated, whatever. I thought it was a neat idea.

Jokes aside, this fits with what David says in Prometheus about being more comfortable around their own. It would seem logical if they could make androids physical features age like humans, imo.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Nov 12, 2016, 01:22:21 AMI posted a story idea I had for what I thought Blomkamp's direction may go with the script. In it I proposed that Weyland personnel boarded the Sulaco shortly after the events in Aliens and did some type of dna extraction process where they made clones of the characters which they then put back on the Sulaco to "cover their tracks". This would still validate the Alien 3 and Resurection movies though I can't stand them.

It would also beg the question why they would bother, and how they made fully-grown adult clones in the few days they had available  to get them back on the ship.

Every time someone mentions the ridiculous "they made clones!" idea all I can think of is Ripley saying, "Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?"

g2vd

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 12, 2016, 11:41:13 AM
Quote from: LiquidMonster on Nov 12, 2016, 01:22:21 AMI posted a story idea I had for what I thought Blomkamp's direction may go with the script. In it I proposed that Weyland personnel boarded the Sulaco shortly after the events in Aliens and did some type of dna extraction process where they made clones of the characters which they then put back on the Sulaco to "cover their tracks". This would still validate the Alien 3 and Resurection movies though I can't stand them.

It would also beg the question why they would bother, and how they made fully-grown adult clones in the few days they had available  to get them back on the ship.

Every time someone mentions the ridiculous "they made clones!" idea all I can think of is Ripley saying, "Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?"

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ash 937 on Nov 11, 2016, 10:54:17 PM
I think a lot of people are would say that about Alien3 in 2016.  So you could take elements of that film and it won't really bother anybody...except for maybe a few on message boards like this one.

True enough, but can you imagine all the mental gymnastics as people on here try and rationalize why Alien 3 is still canon because of Bishop II's inclusion?

Slightly off-topic but some hilarious vids of Blomkamp having a bit of fun with Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgF0C-yWID4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPnFN7KzJ5c

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 12, 2016, 04:11:34 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgF0C-yWID4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPnFN7KzJ5c
That plane looks awesome. Way more awesome than a remake of Alien³ using by-gone actors. I'll be honest here, Weaver, Biehn and Henrickson, while I love them, this is not their era anymore. I can dig a sequel to A|R because I want to see Ripley 8's story but dead is dead for both hicks and bishop.

PRJ_since1990

Either as a fan service film or just a what-if scenario, I do firmly stand by the notion that if you're going to do a sequel to Aliens, going off of what Blomkamp has said, you must include the original actors if available. Work the story around some of the loop holes and the differences in appearance but make it work out so we can enjoy it nonetheless and go "Oh wow, that actually works as a sequel" because if they go the alternative, people will be too picky about recast roles and it won't feel authentic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed