Alien Covenant: The Art of the Film Is On The Way!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 08, 2016, 09:37:47 AM

Author
Alien Covenant: The Art of the Film Is On The Way! (Read 36,098 times)

slipknotpredator

426Buddy

Quote from: bobcunk on Feb 03, 2017, 07:51:42 PM
http://66.media.tumblr.com/8db5ac3196c41c45461757f3e5d6006e/tumblr_o79o30WhBp1qh0iv0o1_1280.jpg

I think he actually made this concept art before he actually started working on Covenant, thats why I'm thinking that nothing like this image will actually be in the film. I hope I am wrong though. :-\

Nyarlathotep

Not bad, though I personally would have went with a different design of his.

XenoVC

If that's indicative of the Neomorph in the film at all, and not just a concept piece that was used for the cover....I am with that all the way.

BringbackJonesy!

I recall that I loved this particular design when it was previously shown around here.  Sadly, I reckon it's somewhat 'Giger'-esque look will NOT end up anywhere to be seen in COVENANT.  But I'd love to be proved wrong.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Loving the cover art. I hope they dont abandon those huante designs, they are terrifying

Pob Spit

Pob Spit

"I think he actually made this concept art before he actually started working on Covenant, thats why I'm thinking that nothing like this image will actually be in the film. I hope I am wrong though"

It's more or less a drawing of Carlo Rambaldi's alien head from '78. I hope they somehow include it, but it's not really concept art if it's been done before.

D88M

what the f**k is this, spoiler alert!?

zoidy

On his facebook page when someone asked, Hallet says "I swear I'm not being intentionally vague, but Im not sure what made the final cut. Sorry man".

So can we infer then that his design above *was* built, and filmed, but he doesn't know it's actually in or not? Rather than not knowing if it was even created by the creature team. Or maybe he doesn't know if it has been used in CGI.

At the very least it sounds like he thinks it might be in ...

D88M

if this Alien is a spoiler is a really dumb move by AVP Galaxt to pist this without a spoiler alert so we all can be spoiler, can anybody confirm?

zoidy

It's the front cover of a book, not an unauthorised on set photo sneaked out behind the backs of the studio. It's not a spoiler.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: zoidy on Feb 04, 2017, 11:38:06 AM
On his facebook page when someone asked, Hallet says "I swear I'm not being intentionally vague, but Im not sure what made the final cut. Sorry man".

So can we infer then that his design above *was* built, and filmed, but he doesn't know it's actually in or not? Rather than not knowing if it was even created by the creature team. Or maybe he doesn't know if it has been used in CGI.

At the very least it sounds like he thinks it might be in ...

Well we don't know if this is one of the concepts that was used or not. It's not unusual for them to do loads of concepts and not go further with them.

zoidy

Sure, but he didnt say he didn't know what had made it beyond concept into production, he said he didn't know what had made "the final cut".

Might not mean anything of course.

SiL

He could mean the final cut of designs to be fabricated.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed