Alien Covenant: The Art of the Film Is On The Way!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 08, 2016, 09:37:47 AM

Author
Alien Covenant: The Art of the Film Is On The Way! (Read 36,350 times)

Corporal Hicks

The Alien Covenant: The Art of the Film is on the way! I’m sure we all expected it to be come out but it’s always nice to see it officially confirmed! In their Frankfurt RightsGuide for Non-Fiction and Illustrated books, Titan Books have confirmed that they will be producing the Alien Covenant: The Art of the Film.

“Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created, with Alien: Covenant, a new chapter in his groundbreaking Alien franchise. The crew of the colony ship Covenant, bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world. When they uncover a threat beyond their imagination, they must attempt a harrowing escape.”

We'll likely be seeing much more of Dane Hallet (who created this artwork on the Alien: Covenant creature department crew shirt) when Alien Covenant: The Art of the Film hits the shelves in August 2017.

We’ll likely be seeing much more of Dane Hallet (who created this artwork on the Alien: Covenant creature department crew shirt) when Alien Covenant: The Art of the Film hits the shelves in August 2017.

Alien Covenant: The Art of the Film is due for release August 2017 and will contain 192 pages of full colour artwork. The recommended retail price is £29.99 with no details as to who will be providing the accompanying text and no cover at the minute.

Titan Books have previously released Prometheus: The Art of the Film in 2012 and more recently The Art of Alien: Isolation in 2014. Titan Books will also be publishing an Alien: Covenant novelization and a sequel novel, both written by Alan Dean Foster, in August 2017.

Thanks to felix for the news.

whiterabbit

Starting to get the feel as if the facehugger is more of a mecha for the alien to plant itself in a host than anything.

HuDaFuK

This was pretty much inevitable. I never got the Prommy one. Might pick it up.

windebieste

'Prommy'... haha.  Nice. 

The 'Art of Prometheus' book is worth getting.

Either way, this item goes straight onto my 'Must Buy' list, along with the Bob Penn photography book and other stuff.  Gah.  Stupid list isn't getting any shorter.  *sigh*

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 08, 2016, 10:37:56 AMGah.  Stupid list isn't getting any shorter.  *sigh*

:laugh: It never does.

windebieste

I seriously dread the release of this movie.  When the inevitable NECA figures are announced, all 3 of us are going to require medical attention.

That is Me, my wallet and my bank account. 

There's going to be so much suffering when that announcement happens. 

-Windebieste.

Look into my eye

That's a new synopsis isn't it? Harrowing escape?

Whiskeybrewer

Do you think any of those leaked photos will appear in this book?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 08, 2016, 12:11:54 PM

I'm sure some of the artwork in the background of those pictures is likely to appear.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 08, 2016, 02:52:47 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 08, 2016, 12:11:54 PM

I'm sure some of the artwork in the background of those pictures is likely to appear.
That'll do for me

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Look into my eye on Nov 08, 2016, 12:03:01 PM
That's a new synopsis isn't it? Harrowing escape?

Yeah, that's definitely a recent addition. It's the same one Titan used for the Covenant novelization too.

Xenomrph

Art books are cool, the Prometheus art book is cool, I'm definitely down for this book.

I take a little bit of issue with the description blurb calling the Alien franchise "his [Ridley Scott's] groundbreaking Alien franchise", as if he is the only one who has contributed to it. It's a little demeaning not only to the filmmakers of the sequels, but the other people who were part of the filmmaking process on 'Alien' who massively influenced its look and feel.

locusta

Nice to hear. Looking forward to it.

Yeah, vanity here. But Titan also released the WY Report for the EU market: http://titanbooks.com/alien-the-weyland-yutani-report-7779/

SM

Booyah.

eric sanders

eric sanders

that right a book call alien covenant the art of the flim i just wait to read it when it out soon love the alien series i just hope that fox and syfy would make a alien tv series featuring the weyland chronicles and the ripley chronicles spinoff series is based on the movies but alien covenant will be out august 4 2017

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed