Abandoned Places

Started by Shinawi, Nov 07, 2016, 12:03:30 PM

Author
Abandoned Places (Read 2,046 times)

Shinawi

Shinawi

Have any of you explored an abandoned place such as these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNaNTdK8ECY

The abandoned places that I explored were a ski resort, an amusement park, an asylum, and a hotel. It took me a long time to find the abandoned ski resort because it was too dark during the night. I found a bunch of buildings that looked like hotels and restaurants, but these were all closed down. It was when I got off my car that I was able to see the slopes and the ski lifts. That was when I realized that the place was closed down. The slopes were visible under the moonlight. It was very quiet. The only sound that I heard was the faint screeching sound of a moving weather vane. Very few people know of this place because it's very isolated.

Mrcreosote

Mrcreosote

Check out 28dayslater.co.uk for epic abandoned derps

Shinawi

Shinawi

Thanks!

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Has anyone gone to centralia the place we're silent Hill based

Shinawi

Shinawi

I haven't been to Centralia. Too bad that they demolished the houses, but I guess they did it for safety measures in case someone decided to sneak in those, which would've been dangerous.

I live near another abandoned town. It's only about 40 minutes away by car. What's weird about that place is that it's really not abandoned. I think the government or a construction company started to destroy it for an unknown reason, but stopped because some of the people refused to leave. I saw one large house that was half-destroyed. The interior walls were visible from outside, and a picture was still hanging from one of it. As we walked by that house, we saw a lady staring out at us from one of the windows. In the commercial zone, the businesses were still there, but I saw a couple of buildings that were destroyed. It looked like a war zone. This town still has a church intact, like Centralia does now. On the hill are some abandoned cars and a bus. These vehicles don't have license plates. It bothered me that this town was being destroyed when the people refused to leave. I'm guessing that these people didn't own the land. Many people built cheap houses over unclaimed lands, which the government later declared as part of the green belts. However, I know of a lot of farmers who got their lands forcefully sold so that a railway, a road, or an apartment complex could be built over it. Most of the people from nearby cities don't know of that town. It's very isolated. I'll go and take pictures if you're interested.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Shinawi on Nov 08, 2016, 04:51:08 PM
I haven't been to Centralia. Too bad that they demolished the houses, but I guess they did it for safety measures in case someone decided to sneak in those, which would've been dangerous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXkUCK_qpfo

I live near another abandoned town. It's only about 40 minutes away by car. What's weird about that place is that it's really not abandoned. I think the government or a construction company started to destroy it for an unknown reason, but stopped because some of the people refused to leave. I saw one large house that was half-destroyed. The interior walls were visible from outside, and a picture was still hanging from one of it. As we walked by that house, we saw a lady staring out at us from one of the windows. In the commercial zone, the businesses were still there, but I saw a couple of buildings that were destroyed. It looked like a war zone. This town still has a church intact, like Centralia does now. On the hill are some abandoned cars and a bus. These vehicles don't have license plates. It bothered me that this town was being destroyed when the people refused to leave. I'm guessing that these people didn't own the land. Many people built cheap houses over unclaimed lands, which the government later declared as part of the green belts. However, I know of a lot of farmers who got their lands forcefully sold so that a railway, a road, or an apartment complex could be built over it. Most of the people from nearby cities don't know of that town. It's very isolated. I'll go and take pictures if you're interested.
That would be Awsome

Shinawi

Shinawi

This town hasn't changed much since the 1980s except that it's not in good condition now.

This amusement park isn't in use now, but people still go there to take pictures.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Shinawi on Nov 07, 2016, 12:03:30 PM
Have any of you explored an abandoned place such as these?

I play a lot of STALKER.  :laugh:

Seriously speaking, yes. But over the years apartments have been build in the surrounding area and since I live in the middle of a city I don't go as often as I used to. Maybe during trips but even then most of the time just passing by.

Matriarch

Matriarch

Dang I have never had the chance to go to a proper abandoned city before  :o :o. Back in Cyprus there was a lot of old bunkers and trenches that I would walk around.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Shinawi on Nov 16, 2016, 06:36:44 AM
This town hasn't changed much since the 1980s except that it's not in good condition now.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/singlebilingual/AvP/IMG_2956_zpsm55fao1d.jpg

This amusement park isn't in use now, but people still go there to take pictures.

So anyone can just walk in.

Gate

Gate

Finally, a thread I can contribute to.

Florida has it's gems, if they aren't demolished. Will post some OC soon.

Andreas

Andreas

You got to be careful in these abandoned places as they're not very safe. I once fell through a floor and it took me hours to get out because there was nobody around to help.

Chernobyl would be awesome to visit.

Gate

Gate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Compound

Closest huge marvel my county has. Might as well be Centralia.

Shinawi

Shinawi

Quote from: Randomizer on Nov 16, 2016, 07:58:50 AM
I play a lot of STALKER.  :laugh:
Haha! I watched someone playing it on YouTube. I liked the abandoned parts.

Quote from: Matriarch on Nov 21, 2016, 06:55:06 AM
Dang I have never had the chance to go to a proper abandoned city before  :o :o. Back in Cyprus there was a lot of old bunkers and trenches that I would walk around.
Bunkers are fun to explore. I saw a lot of those in the San Francisco Bay Area. In South Korea, people play airsoft at the abandoned bunkers and trenches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQWNtm9ctMk

Quote from: Andreas on Jan 01, 2017, 06:40:48 AM
You got to be careful in these abandoned places as they're not very safe. I once fell through a floor and it took me hours to get out because there was nobody around to help.
Yeah. Some of the rides at the abandoned amusement park are rusty. These will become too unstable to sit on in the future.
It must've been really scary when you were trapped alone.

Quote from: Gate on Jan 01, 2017, 06:02:17 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Compound

Closest huge marvel my county has. Might as well be Centralia.

That's a very exciting county to live in!

Jeri

Jeri

Bus Graveyard near Ponce, PR.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed