Unidentified Monster from Prometheus

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Nov 02, 2016, 06:03:01 PM

Author
Unidentified Monster from Prometheus (Read 4,559 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Remember the strange creature of the fresco in the dome of the pyramid? the figure seems to be inspired by the unused designs of Dan O'Bannon for Alien, or at least the head is similar:

It can also be a symbolism of the myth of Prometheus:

Even the engineer has something similar to a scar on his abdomen

any thoughts?

Lonely Universe

What really should have been Prometheus's Big Chap. I made a thread about it before the film's release :/

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42520.0

whiterabbit

I'm not putting it past Ridley to introduce us to the real Prometheus and the very eagle that's eating his liver day after day in Alien: Covenant.

SpreadEagleBeagle

I'm sure Scott is going to recycle it as the metaphorical giant eagle that pecked away the liver of the god Prometheus.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

@Lonely Universe, yeah, also could be inspired by Alien Monster IV by H.R.Giger...but what about the green crystal?

Well, I have a theory about that...and I think that Perhaps it is a fossil which contains the DNA of a primordial monster, like amber:

And the black goo extracted DNA from the beast to create similar life forms:

My thoughts are inspired by swarm of black scarab in earlier drafts of Prometheus which was written by Jon Spaihts. There, these nanomachines extract the DNA from a creature to create something based on that original life form.

And I still think about the parallelism with the myth of Prometheus. Perhaps an engineer was sacrificed (as punishment?) in order to create the monster.

whiterabbit

I thought about the green amber thing a long time ago but if Ridley went with that he would never hear the end of the Jurassic Park ripoff jokes. However I'm still going with what Ridley says he desires to happen and that is the engineers bioengineered the alien as a weapon against something they themselves are scared to death. Aliens do not scare the engineers nor does black death. Meaning it has to be something inexplicably horrible as hell.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 05, 2016, 01:08:42 AM
I thought about the green amber thing a long time ago but if Ridley went with that he would never hear the end of the Jurassic Park ripoff jokes.

Infected

They dont need a liver they dont even drink.
So get the bottle of Chianti out and start pecking.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Lonely Universe on Nov 02, 2016, 11:13:12 PM

What really should have been Prometheus's Big Chap. I made a thread about it before the film's release :/

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42520.0

Well, aspects of Alien Monster IV and especially the hand went into the design of the Alien Queen, but the attachments to the back and the side details of the face have been always a source of further interest to me. However this design as a film monster seems to look a little too avian. How it could be further developed might be an interesting question.

Lonely Universe

That's understandable but I kind of like the avian look. I feel like it would add another layer of possibilities to creatures we could see in the future. Instead of being cornered into the traditional Alien design we could see these inventive variations. It's better than the baby from Alien Resurrection lol

wmmvrrvrrmm

Well, the painting has been an interesting source of speculation for me for a good long while, while hoping to see something like that turn up in an alien movie, and I probably wouldn't personally want to be change the design of it anyway without Giger making modificiations, if they were going to get it into a film.

DorkiDori

Its always amazed me that never once have i seen anyone mention the extra "appendage" in the lower left hand corner of the monster...

SamuelDL

I hope they take into account all the details they added on Prometheus and do not forget them for wanting to do something different in Covenant, for the bad reviews. It would be a real shame.

Gramster

not sure about this, it looks very un-canon to me, the original paintings previously posted are the way it should go

Xenomrph

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Nov 05, 2016, 08:16:53 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 05, 2016, 01:08:42 AM
I thought about the green amber thing a long time ago but if Ridley went with that he would never hear the end of the Jurassic Park ripoff jokes.

I have a T-shirt with that on it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed