Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2016, 08:52:31 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel (Read 104,048 times)

Perfect-Organism

I sense that ADF has a strong respect for the Alien series and is actually emotionally invested on some level.  If I understand correctly, he backed out of writing some adaptations as he felt the subject matter was rubbish.  That makes me very excited for what these new books of his might be.  It would be his first original Aliens tale.  That has me very excited and I hope he does a great job.

I'm not holding my breath for it, but if he would do some sort of "expanded" adaptation of Prometheus, that would be epic...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 30, 2016, 08:52:31 AMADF will also be writing a sequel novel!

I'm excited, but at the same time what's the point if there are going to be more movies? I can only guess the sequel films will be about entirely different things to the book.

Quote from: activistfangirl on Oct 30, 2016, 11:22:07 AMThat is very strange considering there was no Prometheus novel.

There was, but it only came out in Japan.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 31, 2016, 07:25:26 AMIf I understand correctly, he backed out of writing some adaptations as he felt the subject matter was rubbish.

Wrong. He turned down Resurrection because he didn't like how the studio treated him with the third book.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 31, 2016, 09:22:13 AM
I'm excited, but at the same time what's the point if there are going to be more movies? I can only guess the sequel films will be about entirely different things to the book.

It really depends where the film goes. The film may have a couple of loose threads at the end of it - Covenant 2 the film follows one thread (the main thread) and the sequel novel picks up another one?

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Great news that there's to be an official novelization of ALIEN:COVENANT...as it will be interesting to see what's contained in it if the movie turns out to be as 'choppy' as PROMETHEUS turned out! ;)

But the announcement of a 'sequel' novelization to the ALIEN:COVENANT novelization is a strange one - if it turns out that they mean he's also writing a version of the follow-up's actual onscreen storyline, then great...although I wouldn't want to spoil the next movie by reading it first!

On the other hand, if it turns out that this follow-up novelization is NOT representative of the storyline in the next movie...then it's effectively a type of 'fan fiction' which will turn out quite differently to the actual next movie.  If this is the case, I certainly wouldn't want to read it...in case it turns out to be a far better storyline than the movie turns out to be, thus rendering the movie disappointing for myself!  :P

I just wish that the Japanese PROMETHEUS novelization could be made available everywhere, as I'd sure like a read of how it expanded on the movie's events.  The only real info. I've ever been able to find about it's contents are listed here, for anyone that's interested - avp.wiki.com/wiki/Prometheus_(novel)

apologies, as I've missed an 'a' from that link!  Here's the correct version - avp.wikia.com/wiki/Prometheus_(novel)

Perfect-Organism

I really hope Titan gets that Prometheus book translated at some point...

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Great news and nice scoop, gentlemen!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Given that the movie release has been brought forward, will the bring the novelisation forward while keeping the sequel at its proposed releae?

Corporal Hicks

I would imagine so. Depends how far in ADF is.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 24, 2016, 06:04:42 PM
I would imagine so. Depends how far in ADF is.

I thought you were on holiday. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

So I'm not quite sure what's happening here (going to try and get some clarification) but ADF is writing a prequel novel. Is he doing a prequel novel and a sequel now? This is what I'm gonna try and sort out but -

QuoteThe novelization of ALIEN:COVENANT has been turned in and approved. I am working with Titan Publishing and Fox on what will be an original prequel to the film story. Sorry...no can hint (yet) at what it might contain.

http://www.alandeanfoster.com/

426Buddy

426Buddy

My gut tells me that adf is only doing the covenant novelization and a prequel. The prequel will most likely focus on David and shaws journey to and arrival at paradise.

This has actually been my hunch for a while now.

Corporal Hicks

ADF says he's only doing a prequel and the novelization. I'll emailed Titan on Monday to try and find out more.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 08, 2017, 02:34:16 PM
My gut tells me that adf is only doing the covenant novelization and a prequel. The prequel will most likely focus on David and shaws journey to and arrival at paradise.

This has actually been my hunch for a while now.

But why does their story have to novel form!! >:(

Corporal Hicks

Cheaper than making a movie.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2017, 03:15:19 PM
Cheaper than making a movie.
That's true.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed