Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2016, 08:52:31 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel (Read 104,011 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

ADF will also be writing a sequel novel!

QuoteWe are delighted to announce that both the official novelization and official sequel to Alien: Covenant will be written by the accclaimed and multi award-winning Alan Dean Foster. Alan Dean Foster penned the novelizations of Alien, Aliens and Alien .

http://media.titanbooks.com/filebrowser/2016_rightsguide-frankfurt.pdf

Thanks for Felix for the link.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Hmm I wonder what the sequel novel will encompass, I just hope we finally get the prequel movie that explore the space jockey and the derelict with the eggs crashing on LV-426 setting up the events of the original Alien.

activistfangirl

That is very strange considering there was no Prometheus novel.

Whiskeybrewer

Hmm interesting, which also means that Ridley will be following whatever ADF writes for the Covenant film sequel

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

This cool news. As excited as I am for the film, I'm also really excited for the effect is will have on the EU, so it's cool that it's starting as soon as the movie hits theaters.

Now we just need a third part the Fire and Stone/Life and Death saga set on Paradise!

Look into my eye

I'm a bit confused now. Does this mean there will not be another film after Covenant? I thought Ridley talked about a possible trilogy before we get to the events of Alien. Or does it mean that if there is another film it will have nothing to do with the sequel novel by ADF?  ???

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

My guess is it's just a fun follow-up that Scott will completely ignore, like the many novels that were the "official sequel to Terminator 2" that wound up getting totally ignored when the next films came out.

Morose

Morose

This is interesting. I wonder if Ridley Scott will read this sequel novel. That or maybe he knows what is going to happen in it.

Ridley in fact have given some ideas to Alan Dean Foster in making the book.

Sorry, I meant to say Ridley might have given Alan Dean Foster ideas for the sequel book. The computer is evil!

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I'm pretty sure an official sequel novel would only be approved with Scott's approval. If say what this really indicates is that a solid treatment is already in place for Prometheus 3.

Perfect-Organism

Well this is very exciting.  I always liked ADF's novels best.

But I'm curious what the sequel means, and that it is original.  Why would we be getting a novel that ostensibly would be the equivalent of the third Prometheus film released before the film starts filming?  And if it isn't the story of the third film, then why do it at all?  Obviously such a book couldn't have any serious reveals.  I'm perplexed, but cautiously optimistic.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

In the politest respect I hope that we get the 3rd final film in this prequel trilogy, there one witch ties up the loose ends connecting to Alien, annoyed that if Alien Covenant doesn't perform as well as Fox hope they'd cancel the sequel  >:(  Further more I hope that Fox and Ridley really aren't considering making a further dozen movies making it a multi part series where a film is split in half like the Hobbit. Just make a good movie and resolve the continuity gap of the series already.

Look into my eye

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 30, 2016, 04:32:40 PM
Well this is very exciting.  I always liked ADF's novels best.

But I'm curious what the sequel means, and that it is original.  Why would we be getting a novel that ostensibly would be the equivalent of the third Prometheus film released before the film starts filming?  And if it isn't the story of the third film, then why do it at all?  Obviously such a book couldn't have any serious reveals.  I'm perplexed, but cautiously optimistic.

You said it much better than me!

We are delighted to announce that both the official novelization and official sequel to Alien: Covenant will be written by the acclaimed and multi award-winning Alan Dean Foster. Alan Dean Foster penned the novelizations of Alien, Aliens and Alien 3."

And it does say "official sequel" ?? That release date has got to be a mistake, it cannot come out before the film, surely.

Perfect-Organism

I know right?  I mean all novelizations come out a few weeks before the film technically, but we can expect a few more years of filming before the film is done, so the idea that the novel adaptation would come out years ahead of the film seems absurd.

Corporal Hicks

It depends on whatever loose ends the film leaves and which path the actual film sequel is going to go. It's not a novelization of Alien: Covenant 2, it's a completely separate entity that will act as a sequel to some aspects of Covenant.

Lonely Universe

I'm really into this announcement of a sequel novel. That is really, really cool.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed