Harry Gregson-Williams No Longer Scoring Alien: Covenant?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 31, 2016, 07:10:43 AM

Author
Harry Gregson-Williams No Longer Scoring Alien: Covenant? (Read 36,643 times)

BonesawT101

Yea though I'm just curious where and when they heard the movie was going through 'rumoured' reshoots? The way they mention it is as if the Internet is abound with rumours that the movie is undergoing reshoots but that is simply not the case, this is the first time this has ever been mentioned.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

What's strange is there is no announcement I know Fox knows the news got out and yet no info from anyone regarding this... Just so odd!!

Maybe our squad leader found something out. 8)

Protozoid

The more I think about it, this isn't good. When a test screening doesn't go well, the score if often the first thing to be scrapped, especially if the audience commented on it being weird. If the score was psychedelic, I can imagine it taking some blame if the screening didn't work out. In other words, I'm worried that Fox doesn't like Covenant in its current form.

BishopShouldGo

That was a...mammoth assumption.

Necronomicon II

Yeah try not to speculate too much, this is all pretty standard practise.

SiL

Reaction to the early screening was positive.

fiveways

BonesawT101

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2016, 06:28:46 AM
Exactly, plus there is ten months until the film is released. Often composers don't sign on until maybe three, four months before release date. The news that HGW is not scoring the movie any more is not in any way indicative that there are production problems. I think a lot of people jumping to assumptions and wild speculation at the minute.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Nov 03, 2016, 07:02:50 AM
Exactly, plus there is ten months until the film is released. Often composers don't sign on until maybe three, four months before release date. The news that HGW is not scoring the movie any more is not in any way indicative that there are production problems. I think a lot of people jumping to assumptions and wild speculation at the minute.

They'll be using a temp score at the minute too so it's unlikely to be a reaction to any score in the screening. 

Quote from: Abed on Nov 02, 2016, 04:49:27 PM
That wasn't intended as a dig at all.

Fair enough mate, sorry, it read like you were. We don't generally report on rumours like that unless we're confident in them or their source.

Ingwar

Fingers crossed. Have you seen early screenings?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Unless he's been holding out on us, no. I did nearly get him onto the set but that fell through.  :'(

I learnt a while back that they'd shown an early cut of the film to some of the shakers and movers at Fox and the reception had been good.

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 03, 2016, 01:39:18 PM
I learnt a while back that they'd shown any early cut of the film to some of the shakers and movers at Fox and the reception had been good.

Does "good" mean better than Prometheus? :)

Corporal Hicks

I can't really comment as to that, I'm afraid. I don't know what they were like with Prometheus.

HGW provided an update:

QuoteSchedules and one's expectations of scoring a film don't always fit and this one wasn't going to work out. I move on to another project with gratitude to have worked on many movies with Ridley Scott where the moons did indeed align and I had the chance to burrow in to the core of the project.

BonesawT101

Scheduling conflicts then. Which is what I thought. Thanks again for the update Hicks.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Nov 03, 2016, 03:25:12 PM
Scheduling conflicts then.

Certainly seems like! Now...

I await the news of who is taking over the reins!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed