Del Toro Dropped, Boyd Holbrook In?

Started by Gazz, Oct 11, 2016, 11:50:09 PM

Author
Del Toro Dropped, Boyd Holbrook In? (Read 37,580 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: greygoose on Oct 14, 2016, 09:10:37 AM
The idea of 50 Cent starring in a movie along side bigger actors was OK. Now the idea of him along side a cast of C-list actors is potentially worrying.

The movie itself might still be good but with FOX losing out on so many big actors the whole 'event' movie thing is losing it's momentum.

We have literally 2 names. 2 names. That doesn't make a cast full of c-list actors.

HuDaFuK

More to the point, neither has actually been confirmed. They're just "in talks".

Look how many people have been "in talks" thus far.

goose_3387

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 14, 2016, 09:14:00 AM
The idea of 50 Cent starring in a movie along side bigger actors was OK. Now the idea of him along side a cast of C-list actors is potentially worrying.

The movie itself might still be good but with FOX losing out on so many big actors the whole 'event' movie thing is losing it's momentum.

We have literally 2 names. 2 names. That doesn't make a cast full of c-list actors.

Whilst not quite A-list, I'd be happy if Karl Urban signed on!

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 14, 2016, 09:14:53 AM
More to the point, neither has actually been confirmed. They're just "in talks".

Look how many people have been "in talks" thus far.
I see your point, but none of them were officially posted by the writer himself, could have been bogus all along. It must be pretty close to a deal if Dekker is posting it. That they scheduled it to begin shooting this coming Monday doesn't make it any better too, they need actors, and they need them fast.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: greygoose on Oct 14, 2016, 09:22:44 AM

Agreed. I would love to see Urban in The Predator! I could do with watching Dredd again. I think he has a good presence about him that would suit a Predator film.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 14, 2016, 09:25:38 AM

Agreed. I would love to see Urban in The Predator! I could do with watching Dredd again. I think he has a good presence about him that would suit a Predator film.

Urban fits.

goose_3387

Dredd is a great film! Easily in my top 10 list now. Urban did a great job in the role. I wonder if there's a chance of Urban?...

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 14, 2016, 09:14:00 AM

50 Cent is only being considered for a role per his Facebook page

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: greygoose on Oct 14, 2016, 09:38:06 AM

Dredd is a great film! Easily in my top 10 list now. Urban did a great job in the role. I wonder if there's a chance of Urban?...

It'd be better than this Boyd guy, I think.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Well didn't Arnold say he was going to be  doing Predator by possibly starring in it again??

That's the third actor. Hope it doesn't become a buddy buddy comedy  film with all three starring.
50 cent, ARNOLD, Boyd.
I might as well forecast my own dinner tonight. It's going to be mashed potatoes.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: acrediblesource on Oct 16, 2016, 07:39:51 PM
Well didn't Arnold say he was going to be  doing Predator by possibly starring in it again??

That's the third actor. Hope it doesn't become a buddy buddy comedy  film with all three starring.
50 cent, ARNOLD, Boyd.
I might as well forecast my own dinner tonight. It's going to be mashed potatoes.

Fred told me on Facebook that Curtis is being considered, so it's not a lock, the only thing I heard from Arnold coming back was from a video of him answering questions while working out and said he would only be interested if the scrip was good. He said since Shane was involved and he felt it should be good then

Space Invader

Wish we had a well known actor for the lead, because the previous 3 Predator movies had well known leads. Still cool with Holbrook tho, just wanted them to continue this little "tradition" by casting popular leads.

BishopShouldGo

Well despite Glover being in Lethal Weapon 1 and 2, The Color Purple and Witness, and despite Brody being an Oscar-winner, they were both B-list at the times of their Predator films. Known and good actors, but no Arnold. Or Affleck. Or Cooper. Or Bale. Or...or...wahhhhh. :'(

Why Shane!!!

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: Super Predator on Oct 17, 2016, 04:03:34 AM
Wish we had a well known actor for the lead, because the previous 3 Predator movies had well known leads. Still cool with Holbrook tho, just wanted them to continue this little "tradition" by casting popular leads.

It might not be too late, provided they hire somebody popular to co-star.

Thomas H.

Honestly..... If the guy can act, who cares if he's A-list or not?

Why is everyone so obsessed with having a big name attached to this?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed