Del Toro Dropped, Boyd Holbrook In?

Started by Gazz, Oct 11, 2016, 11:50:09 PM

Author
Del Toro Dropped, Boyd Holbrook In? (Read 37,889 times)

SiL

SiL

I liked it too, but it was a weak movie for Black.

goose_3387

Can't comment on his acting but you have to question why so many big names found it hard to commit to the project. Considering the buzz around this was a big budget event movie, not having any A-List actors is a blow for the movie and marketing. Something isn't right. It wouldn't surprise me if Fox half the budget and we end up with another AvPR/Predators level movie.

serbip1

I don't know what to say about this :D

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

If Black consideres him, he's probably a good actor.

But i was looking forward to someone with more star power behind him, being the lead in an event picture that is supposed to line up people. I just miss the "clash of the titans" feel the first movie has, when someone like Schwarzenegger is up against the seemingly unstoppable evil, you just get that attention when you cast people like The Rock, Del Toro, Hardy, Bale etc., established action heroes.

I'm not saying it won't work, i like Brody as Royce for example, i liked the Bear Grylls kind of charm he had, but i was hoping for a bigger lead this time.

So the general feedback from people being disappointed by this news is totally reasonable in my book, but it's good to hear the movie is going forward.

I.drank.all.the.sprites

I.drank.all.the.sprites

Please oh please, Shane Black. Just quit while your ahead and just wait until someone that's worth a crap signs!
Thanks,
A concerned Predator fan

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 11, 2016, 11:55:20 PMBoyd who or what? If it's for the lead I'm about to get authentically un excited.

His being unknown means what exactly?

Nobody knew who Weaver was before Alien.

Quote from: SiL on Oct 12, 2016, 03:32:02 AMThe Gossling/Crowe movie didn't do that well, did it?

Put that down to it being a niche original story rather than something with a big franchise name attached to it. Black predicted as much at the Q&A I went to ahead of release.

The fact is, it was awesome, but it wasn't a Marvel movie.

overthere

Things would have been epic if Ben Affleck got the part. I'm just worried they can't seem to get an actor for this movie.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 12, 2016, 12:05:12 PM
The fact is, it was awesome, but it wasn't a Marvel movie.
I didn't think it was that great. I liked it, but it was just ... okay.

overthere

I see nothing wrong with Boyd Holbrook. I just saw a scene with him and he seems like a good actor, and without the star power behind him, we can get more immersed in the actual story and grow to like the character for himself, not because he's already loved.

You guys are overreacting. Movie history is full of examples where an unknown stepped in and took over the whole thing and got launched into stardom. The guy really looks like a decent actor with quite a range to him.

And since Fred Dekker confirmed "more actor announcements soon", that stupid theory of The Predator being canned is debunked.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: overthere on Oct 12, 2016, 02:33:07 AM
These actors are crazy. Who wouldn't want to be in Shane Black Predator movie? Maybe all these actors want the honor of being killed by a Predator but their character gets to live?

Or maybe the script isn't very good or they got cast in something better in the meantime. We can't judge these things without further information.

Remember, a lot of fandom was auto-triggered when it was revealed Adam Baldwin told the makers of 'Requiem' where to stick it when they wanted him to do a cameo. Then it got released and all that faux outrage quickly disappeared.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 12, 2016, 03:47:32 AM
Only Del Toro officially dropped out. Franco was never formally attached. What everyone should be concerned about is Tom Hardy having nothing coming up and not being the lead in this obvious choice.

I don't recall anything official about TH being attached, nor do I see why he's somehow a natural fit for this film. We don't even know what the story is, let alone who or what the character would have been or done.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 12, 2016, 07:01:30 AM
Loved Narcos!  But is this guy good material for a predator film?  I'm open to it, but he would need to be toughened up a little, which in Hollywood is easily done.  Not sure I really care that much actually.

Casting Adrien Brody in 'Predators' was widely criticised, but he bulked up fine.

Let's not assume it needs to be someone muscular, though. None of the characters in 'Predator 2' came across as terribly Arnold-like.

Honestly, if you have skills and talent for a given task, you don't necessarily need bulk. Crocodile Dundee wasn't a wimp, but he wasn't exactly Conan the Barbarian, either, but he came across as believeable as a tracker/hunter in his respective films.

Predator_Spirit

Enough said...

Corporal Hicks

Your point? He isn't beefed?

Vow

Vow

I don't really care whether an actor is popular or rated as an A-star or whatever.

I do care that Boyd Holbrook looks more like one of the kids from AvP: Requiem than someone fitting for a lead in a new Predator film.

Well, in any case, we'll have to wait a few more days and find out directly from Shane Black himself about it.

Here's hoping this is fake and Shane is just messing around with people.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Oct 12, 2016, 01:15:53 PM

Enough said...

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3372/3635988966_1639c9f0b9_o.jpg
That's a bit unfair...

Surely would have prefered someone more edged. Someone like Josh Brolin would have been cool too.

The first impression at the moment is just that he looks too much like the poster boy of a 13 year old fangirl, but i'll stay open minded for now.

Corporal Hicks

What folk should just be hoping for is that he's talented and right for whatever role he is in. All of which remains to be seen. Image matters very little.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed