DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017)

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 05, 2016, 07:51:53 PM

Author
DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017) (Read 81,212 times)

HuDaFuK

As I just said over in the Last Movie You Watched thread, it's not as good as the first, but I've always felt like it's a much more entertaining action movie than most people give it credit for.

SM

Is the second one, the one with the Nuke drug?

HuDaFuK

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 19, 2018, 09:34:26 AM
I think they rolled some of his ideas for that into the comic adaptation of the second film script.

They actually did comics for his original script for Robocop 3 as well. Released as Robocop Last Stand

Russ840

I need to watch it again. I remember enjoying it. I always loved te design of Robocop 2.0

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

PS. tweet Dark Horse about this kinda thing. It's something I've mentioned to Fox in the past but it'd be good for them to know there's interest in it.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 19, 2018, 12:04:44 PMThey actually did comics for his original script for Robocop 3 as well. Released as Robocop Last Stand

Ah, right. I stand corrected!

Quote from: Russ840 on Jan 19, 2018, 12:23:08 PMI always loved the design of Robocop 2.0

I love how in OCP's mind the next step up from basically a robot man with a sidearm is apparently a nuclear-powered walking f*cking tank dripping with gatling cannons and rocket launchers... and an arc welder :laugh:

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 19, 2018, 12:28:27 PMPS. tweet Dark Horse about this kinda thing. It's something I've mentioned to Fox in the past but it'd be good for them there's interest in it.

Yes, Hicks and I have been doing our best to convince them to do comics of the unmade scripts, so the more prodding they get the better :P

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 19, 2018, 11:33:25 AM
Yep.

Fairly forgettable.  Unlike the first one, which is burned into my brain.

HuDaFuK

Sure, it certainly isn't anything like as iconic.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 19, 2018, 01:19:43 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 19, 2018, 12:04:44 PMThey actually did comics for his original script for Robocop 3 as well. Released as Robocop Last Stand

Ah, right. I stand corrected!

I only know because it got it for my brother for Christmas. You'll find it on amazon

Perfect-Organism

So I only bought the first issue of this series.  Did the rest play out fairly well?  Is it worth getting the TPB?

SM

Depends if liked the first one.

Perfect-Organism

More of the same huh?

It didn't really seem to catch me.  Mind you, I do love zany intricate stuff, but only if it tells a part of the story.  As an example Geoff Darrow's and Frank Miller's Hard Boiled graphic novel was full of intricate illustrations, where 1 illustration may have a 100 separate things happening in it, but all of those things add to the story.  In Dead Orbit, I just found that the illustrator couldn't stop his pen.  Maybe if I see this in bound format, it will read better?  Sigh... Yeah, I'll buy it.  I'm a slave. ::)

SM

Nah my point was more, if you didn't care for issue 1, don't waste your money and time on the rest.  I found the intricate style a refreshing change from the less detailed stuff in Life & Death.

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. I loved that Dead Orbit was immensely detailed. It added to the immersion imho.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed