DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017)

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 05, 2016, 07:51:53 PM

Author
DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017) (Read 81,662 times)

trilobite

trilobite

do you buy the trades or read digitally? i don't really buy the physical copy till the entire volume releases together

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I pre-order the single issues to support the book and get the digital on release. I only buy larger trades like the Fire and Stone collection or Omnibus collections for older books.

Russ840

I buy digital on morning of release and then the trade if I like the book. Then I upgrade to what ever Hardcover comes out.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 04, 2017, 04:41:23 PM
I buy digital on morning of release and then the trade if I like the book. Then I upgrade to what ever Hardcover comes out.

Yeah, I'm pretty much doing the same now too. I'm too impatient to wait for the trades so I read the singles and then buy the collected. I was going to wait for for the hardback for Life and Death but without any announcement, I've started buying the trades instead. If they do a fancy pants hardback edition, I'll get that too.

HuDaFuK

Tempted to get the trade of this, just because of the glowing reviews y'all have been giving it.

Russ840

Give it a shot Huda. It's great.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I'm not really a comics guy, but I like the look of the art in this and I don't think I've seen anyone say a single bad thing about it in this thread.

Russ840

I am really hoping for a fancy pants of this book.

I have a fancy pants of Stokoe's Godzilla and it's an awesome book ( although it's IDW ).

Darkhorse, im sure, would have a few extras to put in there. Perhaps Stokoe's orignal fan comics of Aliens he sketched up. Those images are great and would be good to have them in there. Plus his art deserves the larger format.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 05, 2017, 09:32:06 AM
Yeah, I'm not really a comics guy, but I like the look of the art in this and I don't think I've seen anyone say a single bad thing about it in this thread.

Wait for me to get a trade and you can have my singles.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 05, 2017, 09:32:06 AM

I have seen you mention that comics are not your primary cup of tea. In the instance, im sure you will like it.

Stokoe creates so much atmosphere. So much detail a la Moebius.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 05, 2017, 08:49:39 AM
Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 04, 2017, 04:41:23 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty much doing the same now too. I'm too impatient to wait for the trades so I read the singles and then buy the collected. I was going to wait for for the hardback for Life and Death but without any announcement, I've started buying the trades instead. If they do a fancy pants hardback edition, I'll get that too.

I do feel guilty about not pre ordering the physical singles but I have not the time to pick them up or space to keep collecting.  Digital is so much more convenient for me. It's a shame that digital sales are not factored into the success of a book. It's all about the pre orders  :-\

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 05, 2017, 09:36:37 AMWait for me to get a trade and you can have my singles.

You're slowly making up for not letting me have your spare copy of South China Sea ;D

Thanks a bunch! Although if the collected version does include a bunch of cool bonus content, I may pick that up instead. I'm a sucker for bonus content lol.

Russ840

Every time I see or hear the words South China Sea.........I get sad  :'(

Ultramorph

Delayed to January....

J/k, still on for next week, and first review is positive:
‪ http://doomrocket.com/aliens-dead-orbit-4/‬

Corporal Hicks

Bastard. I was going to cry.

Russ840

Russ840

Lol git

Link is not working for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed