DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017)

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 05, 2016, 07:51:53 PM

Author
DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017) (Read 83,664 times)

Russ840

Quote from: KikReask on Jun 02, 2017, 02:30:02 PM
That chestburster scene was fantastic, like twin brothers meeting and interacting for the first time after birth. Beautifully horrifying. I do wonder why this crew even bothers to try and save these three, what with all their skin removed it's better to just mercifully kill them. But still great stuff. :)

I just figured that the medical science was far enough forward that they would be treatable.

SM

Yeah I wouldn't have thought they were terminal.

Ultramorph

Finally got around to reading issue #2, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Stokoe's art really fits the mood, and it's refeshing to get something close to a 'normal' Aliens story after all the recent crossovers. Can't wait for #3!

Whiskeybrewer

I have to say that that one sequence was pretty brutal and fantastically drawn. Im really loving it :)

Russ840

I am really hoping that we get a fancy pants edition of this book.

Stokoe's art is so detailed it needs the larger format.   

I have his Godzilla book in a fancy pants and it is beautiful.

Corporal Hicks

I just want fancy pants hardback editions of everything now.

Russ840

:laugh: fancy pants are the way.

banecat

banecat

i'm not really a fan of paperbacks since it's just one part
but i couldn't help myself, this is so good

Russ840

Sucky news. Issue 3 has been pushed back to the 19th July from this wednesday and Issue 4 is 9th August from 28th July.

Damn it.

Ultramorph

I guess it's understandable with Stokoe doing everything. Looking forward to it, either way.

Corporal Hicks

I'm disappointed with the delay but I can understand considering he's wearing most of the hats on this. I'll (im)patiently wait for more!

Russ840

Dont get me wrong. As long as the next two issues are as good as the first two them i dont mind the wait.

Stokoe is a slow worker when it comes to doing his own work. Just look at Orc Stain ( great by the way ). It has only 7 issues in as many years.  I did kind of think that all 4 issues on schedule would be amazing.

HuDaFuK

It's a shame they didn't do the same with Defiance. I would've rather waited and had Tristan do the whole thing.

SM

Lotta disrespect for the other artists who worked on that series in this thread.  Tristan's stuff might've been the best, but there was good stuff by the other artists as well.

HuDaFuK

No disrespect intended. Their work was great. It's just Tristan's art was on another level.

Plus it would've given it some consistency. I didn't like that it kept changing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed