Yes
4 (44.4%)
No
3 (33.3%)
Not sure,
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author
would the third party candidates of the US election be better than the primarys (Read 1,208 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

Since both the candidates are unpopular do you think the third candidates will be better.

whiterabbit

No. In fact, most of them would be worse.

Gate

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 04, 2016, 05:32:16 PM
No. In fact, most of them would be worse.
Explain to me how Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton would be better than Jill Stein, Gary Johnson, or Rocky De La Fuente?

whiterabbit

Stein's the Green Party representative... nah not worth explaining that. It's self explanatory. She ain't going to get shit done. In my opinion, of course.

Gary Johnson isn't that bright.

Rocky De La Fuente... the guys a used car salesman. Yea sure, America, f**k yea! but I mean the dude even got kicked out of the FDIC for f**ks sake. Yea I know half of it got overturn but the guy's a sleaze. Trump may be a dick but he's got him beat there.

Gate

I think the argument for Jill Stein isn't a good one. She has by far the greatest foreign policy of any candidate running, even better than Clinton's. As a matter of fact, it's so good she got the mention by Ron Paul as being a safe route.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Gate on Oct 05, 2016, 01:22:28 AM
I think the argument for Jill Stein isn't a good one. She has by far the greatest foreign policy of any candidate running, even better than Clinton's. As a matter of fact, it's so good she got the mention by Ron Paul as being a safe route.
Ah, but see, for me, Ron Paul is a worthless entity. Yea I can't stand that man and if he's endorsing her then clearly she is a very poor choice. From my point of view. I never got his appeal, even when taking in internet zeal.

THE CITY HUNTER

Gilfryd

Third parties aren't going to gain much traction anytime soon as long as they keep nominating braindead morons like Johnson and Stein.
These people want to be in the debates yet any interview you see them in they come across like complete whack jobs. Hillary (who isn't a perfect candidate either mind you) would f**king wreck them.

Gate

Quote from: Gilfryd on Oct 18, 2016, 06:27:47 PM
Third parties aren't going to gain much traction anytime soon as long as they keep nominating braindead morons like Johnson and Stein.
These people want to be in the debates yet any interview you see them in they come across like complete whack jobs. Hillary (who isn't a perfect candidate either mind you) would f**king wreck them.
Explain to me why you think Stein is a moron. Nobody has been able to do this.

Gilfryd

QuoteDisadvantages: She's not generating a lot of media buzz, which isn't good when there are so many low-information voters. Her highest-elected office is city councilperson member of the Lexington town hall meeting. She can't win in her home town. (Clinton beat Sanders in Cambridge, too.) Even Bernie thinks she's irrelevant.[93] Her view of herself is still that she's "the most successful female candidate in history", though.
Sadly, her desire to implement green energy is driven by her textbook radiophobia.[94] (Though, you expect a person who thinks WiFi is dangerous to actually understand the risks and benefits nuclear fission?)[95]. To top things off, at one point she decided to endorse Brexit,[96] which she thinks is about "combating racist forces" (?).[97]

On the health side of things, her views aren't much wiser, especially for a Harvard Med graduate. Her previous courting of the anti-vaccination movement,[98] her goal of banning all GMO's unequivocally[99] and her party's literal endorsement of homeopathy, naturopathy, Traditional Chinese medicine, ayurveda and (quite vaguely) "other healing approaches"[100] squarely places her deep in alt-med crank territory.

The Green Party's hardcore base is aggressively anti-nuclear, anti-GMO, and anti-vax, and while the party has since toned down those planks (e.g. anti-vax spam is now banned on their Facebook page), Jill remains wishy-washy on those topics.[101]

Jill is that mom on Facebook you unfollow because she has a monopoly on "being the right kind of mom":[102] Dumb as a rock and has no clue what she is talking about 90% of the time.[103][104][105][106] (psst, Jill, they don't like the fact that immigrants can work and live in the UK legally.)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

As much as I loathe the two-party hegemony I have to be frank and admit that none of the third-party candidates and their parties are anywhere close to ready to actually rule and govern the U.S. They don't have what it takes to wrestle and steer this behemoth. They need to work even harder between the elections and they really need to fiddle their way inside the system and in a more effective and efficient kind of way.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Gate on Oct 18, 2016, 06:54:29 PM
Quote from: Gilfryd on Oct 18, 2016, 06:27:47 PM
Explain to me why you think Stein is a moron. Nobody has been able to do this.
Well for one the lady claimed that if Hilary is elected we'll be at nuclear war with Russia because of her foreign policies. She lost her cool the moment a Hillary Supporter got a little rancid. The next thing is that she doesn't understand the financial system at all. She's actually going around pandering to college students that if she is elected she will forgive their debt as president. That is false, the president has no authority over monetary policy, nor does the Secretary of Treasury. I mean that basic level of ignorance does make her appear foolish. She's got to know these things.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed