The Predator Will Be Released In IMAX!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 27, 2016, 12:26:11 PM

Author
The Predator Will Be Released In IMAX! (Read 8,380 times)

Snakewise

Snakewise

In the case of Prometheus, Real 3d refers to the fact that it was filmed with 3d cameras, and not converted to 3d after being shot digitally, aka fake 3d.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 27, 2016, 07:35:21 PM
Wait guys. Are we talking about The Predator or The Predator? Cause remastered suggests the 1980's film but all the movies referenced are from 2016 or 2017. So which one is it. :P

It's just the way the conversion works, rabbit. The film wont be shot using IMAX cameras (I don't think we know what they're using yet) but then neither was Prometheus (they used RED if I remember rightly) and that looked gorgeous in IMAX.

me

me

snake, it still wasn't real 3D, whether it was shot with 3D cameras or not.  3D images are to come out of the screen, all this was is camera tricks...like the 3DS.

Yomakai

Yomakai

Ultimately it is all fake 3D be it 1 or 2 cameras at work, Neither are capturing video information in a true 3D space in which you can move around in. So it just seems like a big waste of time if you ask me.

Corporal Hicks

It's got legs though. I owe an old college buddy £50 as I bet the 3D fad would have died out by now but it's still going strong.

overthere

3D is useless. You got forced scenes of stuff flying towards you so you can go "ohhh" and that's all there is to it. Nothing wrong with plain old 2D, in fact, it's a lot better.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: overthere on Oct 04, 2016, 10:06:22 AM
3D is useless. You got forced scenes of stuff flying towards you so you can go "ohhh" and that's all there is to it. Nothing wrong with plain old 2D, in fact, it's a lot better.

I find that only happens if its a post conversion thing. If its actually done in 3D for the most part, it can be quite effective

Corporal Hicks

The gimmick stuff is terrible but when used for added depth and layers, it's not bad. The 3D conversion of Titanic looked pretty great for that kind of thing.

Rush Hour Rambo

No real interest in 3-D although people must be as its still going strong.

Really like the IMAX treatment, fantastic.

Kaltes

I wouldn't want to see a 3-D Predator movie...it just wouldn't fit.

IMAX, however, sounds great. :)

Keri

Keri

I want Derek Mears to be cast as the Predator !!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed