The Predator Will Be Released In IMAX!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 27, 2016, 12:26:11 PM

Author
The Predator Will Be Released In IMAX! (Read 8,382 times)

Corporal Hicks

The Predator will be released in IMAX according to a new article from Variety. Alongside Maze Runner: The Death Cure, Alita: Battle Angel and an untitled Marvel movie, The Predator will be digitally remastered using IMAX’s proprietary technology as part of a new agreement between 20th Century Fox and IMAX.

"After sharing success with such recent box-office hits as the global phenomenon Deadpool, we are thrilled to sweeten the existing deal with our friends and partners at Twentieth Century Fox by providing IMAX fans worldwide a selection of the studio's most exciting upcoming blockbusters," said Greg Foster, CEO of IMAX Entertainment and senior executive VP. IMAX Corp.”

The Predator will be released in IMAX according to a new article from Variety.

The Predator will be released in IMAX according to a new article from Variety.

There is no word on if The Predator will also receive a 3D treatment. Prometheus was also released in IMAX, receiving the same proprietary digital remastering and a 3D release.

Be sure to stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on The Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Predator fans on our forums!

Whiskeybrewer

Oh nice. This'll be interesting and shows its gonna be a BIG movie i think then, especially with the ones its lined up with

Corporal Hicks

It's only a remaster though, not being shot in IMAX. Hopefully it'll look pretty regardless.

Johnny Handsome

Nice to know it's getting the royal treatment, but i would rather know who is going to f**king star in the damn thing...  ::)

me

me

Wish they would have saved that money on something else that could add value to the film.  Not real big on IMAX and/or 3D Treatment (not saying this film will be getting the 3D Treatment). Prometheus' 3D was not real 3D...the only real 3D I saw was the Judgment Day "ride".

BishopShouldGo

Lol. This is a deal Fox has with IMAX and has nothing to do with the movie's discrete production budget. It doesn't cost more money for them.

This is cool. The Predator deserves this.

me

me

So IMAX is paying for this to be remastered?

BishopShouldGo

Yeah. Don't worry about it.

Predator_Spirit

So they want an event movie for real.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: me on Sep 27, 2016, 03:16:24 PM
Wish they would have saved that money on something else that could add value to the film.  Not real big on IMAX and/or 3D Treatment (not saying this film will be getting the 3D Treatment). Prometheus' 3D was not real 3D...the only real 3D I saw was the Judgment Day "ride".

Lol Prometheus was real 3D btw.

whiterabbit

Wait guys. Are we talking about The Predator or The Predator? Cause remastered suggests the 1980's film but all the movies referenced are from 2016 or 2017. So which one is it. :P

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

They're going to remaster THE PREDATOR (2018), which will be shot in film or digital, and not in IMAX.

me

me

It wasn't real 3D...real 3D "comes out"  from the screen.  It is not just one image in front of the other.

whiterabbit

High production value my ass. It's IMAX or bust, man.

PRJ_since1990

Woohoo?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed