Strong hints of Alien Isolation revamped for VR

Started by Bughunter S. Thomson, Sep 16, 2016, 04:26:01 PM

Author
Strong hints of Alien Isolation revamped for VR (Read 16,227 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: acrediblesource on Sep 19, 2016, 10:30:47 PM
Its been ran through the oculus rift, so how does a vr release help? Is it a slight mod? Why not just release a patch?

It was only the one Survivor map IIRC. To be honest, I've not clue how much work it would take to do true VR. The Isolation I played on the Vive amounted to playing the game on a virtual cinema screen that was just so close to your eyes. I'd imagine it'd take a little more work to make it true VR.

Quote from: Adam802 on Sep 20, 2016, 03:40:50 AM
Cool, but I want a sequel SOO bad urrgh.  Or an actual GOOD(or dare I even say GREAT) Aliens game...

I'm dying for a sequel too. Or an Aliens game. Or a free-roaming Predator game. Or a new AvP with modding support. Give them all to me!  :laugh:

BrettTheParrot

BrettTheParrot

I know, right? It been 2 years already, most games get a sequel or get one announced and there still isnt even a hint for a sequel to this game, or a new awesome AVP, or a decent aliens shooter. Man this franchise has got so much potential as far as video games are concerned

MattFiler

MattFiler

Oh yes! This would be amazing - I'd buy a VR headset just for this game alone.

Reading the line "we are very close to making an announcement" has me very excited!

Quote from: BrettTheParrot on Sep 20, 2016, 10:04:15 AM
It been 2 years already, most games get a sequel or get one announced and there still isnt even a hint for a sequel to this game, or a new awesome AVP, or a decent aliens shooter.

I am surprised we haven't heard of a new Alien game to launch around the time of Alien: Covenant.

RE Isolation, I wouldn't imagine it's Creative Assembly working on a VR update. Although Al Hope hinted at it last year, I've spoken to a couple of devs that worked on the game and they've both said they haven't heard anything about new content. There is that mystery DLC on Steam though, and a massive calling for a VR patch, so perhaps you'd be allowed to play in VR if you purchased an add-on?

I'd just be happy to see any new content for the game. What I'd like most is Mod Tools but for some reason Sega don't want that to become a reality.

Quote from: chainsawsquirrel on Sep 17, 2016, 08:29:40 AM
might bring enough money in to get SEGA to renew their licence and get a sequel going!!! :D

I thought SEGA still had the license? When talking to the Isolation devs I asked what the exact license was and they said that they were never told, it's only known by SEGA (and Fox, etc) execs - although the rumour was that it was based on the number of games they released. E.G. SEGA are allowed to release 5 Alien games within whatever timespan they feel like.

I guess that's why they haven't announced anything new yet. They want to perfect any new releases so they don't waste any more uses of their license like they did on A:CM. Perhaps that's also why they're planning a VR patch to Isolation - it doesn't count as a new game but will encourage more people to buy it.

dallevalle

VR ( dear god)

instead of making this expensive pointless gimmick make isolation 2 instead.

SuicideDoors

I'd consider buying a VR headset purely for Alien Isolation. It was that good and the experience would be unimaginably enhanced. Alien Isolation is right alongside Alien and Aliens for the best things to come out of this franchise. It was bliss.

Kimo

Kimo

I've only played VR on my Samsung Galaxy S7, why not as powerful as using a VIVE or Oculus. I have to say that VR even on a mobile device is still impressive if running the right game or VR experience on it. One of the first awesome experiences I had in VR, was playing a little game called Dreadhalls. if you look at that game the graphics look pretty primitive, but I have never felt so intimidated and shocked at how a simple game with basic graphics can really put the shits up you inside VR. The closest thing I can think of that match that experience in real life, was being a little kid and being in your bedroom and scared of the dark why the lights are out.. VR really does, when it comes to horror games or experience open that little window in your mind that has been locked since being a child and being afraid of things That Go Bump In The Night... Now I know that Alien Isolation won't be on the likes of SamsungVR or other mobile devices any time soon, but I sure as hell want to play this being a Alien fan.. my hopes is the transfer it to the the PlayStation VR even if they have to build it from the Ground Up, since the PlayStation VR will be the most common VR in people's household within the next year or two since the likes of the Oculus and Vive are way too expensive for most people because you need a high end PC rig to play them on.

Now one last thing... Don't smoke Cannabis and play Horror Games in VR you will literally shit bricks. ;)

chainsawsquirrel

chainsawsquirrel

Quote from: Adam802 on Sep 20, 2016, 03:40:50 AM
Cool, but I want a sequel SOO bad urrgh.  Or an actual GOOD(or dare I even say GREAT) Aliens game...
If the VR version sells enough, we might get one! :D Isolation and VR were made to be together. Never has there been such a perfect pairing.

Kimo

I've just realised I have replied to this thread twice about the same thing lol.

gold

gold

Quote from: Ironb4lls on Sep 19, 2016, 04:13:11 PM
I've played about halfway through on the DK2, and it's incredible. The fear factor is on a whole new level – you're no longer looking at the alien on a monitor in front of you, you're looking at the alien in front of you. I'm not easily scared by movies or video games, but when the creature caught me in the medical area, I actually turned my back to it to get the "tail-stab" animation, so I wouldn't have to see it staring me in the face when I died.

My wife unintentionally scared the crap out of me late one night when I was playing with the headset on. I was trying to be super quiet around the androids in the Seegson Comms area, and she came into the office to check on me. She put her hand on my shoulder while I was hiding behind a table (in-game!), and I almost shat myself.

It's super-immersive, but you can tell it's not quite optimized, though. For one, the darks are very, very dark and can make it hard to see. Also, you have to kind of squint to read the text on the access terminals, and you have to use an xbox controller, because you can't craft with keyboard/mouse.

But I highly recommend trying it if you get a chance.

Lol!! This made my spill my drink.

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 18, 2016, 09:36:26 PM

I like to see a clear leader emerge before I lash out and purchase one.  I do that with games, video cards, new hardware... I'm always 12 months behind everyone else in terms of hardware.

Exactly the same here :) great thing is stuff is usually patched for max performance by then.

Flexserve

Flexserve

Okay, I'll bite. Couple this with some minor graphics bug fixes (antiailasing, etc)and scripting fixes that ARE needed and I'm game. Wouldn't it be just kick butt if they made a Crew Expendable MULTIPLAYER experience?! in VR!!! Holy poo!

If you haven't experience the game all the way through..here is a guy who recorded a complete play through..not a lot of talking..SPOILERS

XenoZipper

Ha, I actually did that last night because I know I'm never going to beat the game so I found someone's vid on youtube last night that did a "movie cut" that's 2 hours & 22mins long so I can watch it later on today as a movie & finally see what the hell happens in the game haha I seriously suck at the game so much you guys would be facepalming seeing me "try" to play this game. Stealth is not my thing. I'm the kind of guy you use to draw out the enemy.

mike

mike

who cares about VR ... proper alien fan wants alien:isolation sequel !!!!!!

Corporal Hicks

I dunno, Mike. I suspect there's plenty of folk wanting both!

.Jaguar.

Definitely hyped for a VR stable version. I did try Alien: isolation for the Oculus SDK 2 back in 2014, was a bit buggy and had its issues so did the Rift but man did it scare the crap out of me, especially when face hugger and the Oculus ended up halfway across the other room (luckily intact and still working) :P Very much want to try this with the new Oculus that came out this year and possibly record and upload this.

TheBATMAN

I'm currently debating a VR purchase for RE7, but if Alien Isolation is announced then it will be definite. It may be expensive but to actually walk around Sevastopol as if you were there and be the closest thing you'll ever get to being in an Alien movie makes it worth it I think. Let's hope this is true.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed