Strong hints of Alien Isolation revamped for VR

Started by Bughunter S. Thomson, Sep 16, 2016, 04:26:01 PM

Author
Strong hints of Alien Isolation revamped for VR (Read 16,228 times)

Bughunter S. Thomson

chainsawsquirrel

chainsawsquirrel

Very exciting! If I could afford VR, i'd buy it just for A:I to support the game. This could be a massive win for Alien: Isolation and might bring enough money in to get SEGA to renew their licence and get a sequel going!!! :D

Xenomania

Though I don't really have any interest in VR (mainly because I'm afraid of it's health effects), it's about time Isolation got some more attention. :)

XenoZipper

There's footage of youtube of Isolation being played on VR. Interesting looking but I'm personally not interested in VR in the slightest. I'll wait for the next step up that doesn't involve wearing a helmet & tripping over cords.

Nostromo

VR just got Negatronned! lol

XenoZipper

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 18, 2016, 02:25:28 PM
VR just got Negatronned! lol

No I didn't. Said it looked interesting, VR just isn't my thing. I'm waiting for hologram rooms.

windebieste

I used to think that way about VR.  I really couldn't care about it. 

Then I tried the Rift way back in 2013 - it was primitive back then but still very impressive - but I could see how this was going to take off.  Needless to say, I change my mind about VR headsets.  Wearing one and sitting down is completely acceptable experience; much safer, too! 

Now, even though I still don't have a VR head set, I still want one.  Mind you, I'm one of those guys that likes to sit back and watch the market.  I like to see a clear leader emerge before I lash out and purchase one.  I do that with games, video cards, new hardware... I'm always 12 months behind everyone else in terms of hardware.

The bottom line is: Have you tried it?  Nothing makes convert out of a pilgrim until you've actually sampled the goods.    VR is just going to get better from here.  Dunno how long you're prepared to wait until you get your HoloRoom...

All the same, if 'ALIEN: Isolation' is re-released with full VR support, yeah.  That will accelerate my desire to purchase a headset. 

-Windebieste.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

I haven't tried it yet no. There's a store in my town that has a demo for the Vive or whatever that one's called but I haven't bothered to go down to try it. Just not into the whole helmet thing personally. As for how long I've been waiting for a HoloRoom, since I was a kid basically so I think after 30 some odd years of waiting, I can still wait patiently for it. They can figure out hologram stuff for Hatsune Miku shows so now we just need to figure out how to apply that technology to games. If I could blast some Aliens in holo style I would be in heaven haha As cheesy at it was, I could accept the gaming style they had in Jason X as well. Here's some vids on AI being done on the Rift..

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alien+isolation+vr

Ironb4lls

I've played about halfway through on the DK2, and it's incredible. The fear factor is on a whole new level – you're no longer looking at the alien on a monitor in front of you, you're looking at the alien in front of you. I'm not easily scared by movies or video games, but when the creature caught me in the medical area, I actually turned my back to it to get the "tail-stab" animation, so I wouldn't have to see it staring me in the face when I died.

My wife unintentionally scared the crap out of me late one night when I was playing with the headset on. I was trying to be super quiet around the androids in the Seegson Comms area, and she came into the office to check on me. She put her hand on my shoulder while I was hiding behind a table (in-game!), and I almost shat myself.

It's super-immersive, but you can tell it's not quite optimized, though. For one, the darks are very, very dark and can make it hard to see. Also, you have to kind of squint to read the text on the access terminals, and you have to use an xbox controller, because you can't craft with keyboard/mouse.

But I highly recommend trying it if you get a chance.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 18, 2016, 09:36:26 PM
I used to think that way about VR.  I really couldn't care about it. 

Then I tried the Rift way back in 2013 - it was primitive back then but still very impressive - but I could see how this was going to take off.  Needless to say, I change my mind about VR headsets.  Wearing one and sitting down is completely acceptable experience; much safer, too! 

Now, even though I still don't have a VR head set, I still want one.  Mind you, I'm one of those guys that likes to sit back and watch the market.  I like to see a clear leader emerge before I lash out and purchase one.  I do that with games, video cards, new hardware... I'm always 12 months behind everyone else in terms of hardware.

The bottom line is: Have you tried it?  Nothing makes convert out of a pilgrim until you've actually sampled the goods.    VR is just going to get better from here.  Dunno how long you're prepared to wait until you get your HoloRoom...

All the same, if 'ALIEN: Isolation' is re-released with full VR support, yeah.  That will accelerate my desire to purchase a headset. 

I'm in the same boat. I never really cared for VR, having tried out the Rift about 3/4 years back. I really wasn't impressed. I tried the Vive (and Isolation on the Vive) recently and I thought it was fantastic. Isolation was just...I thought the game was amazing and intense already, having it literally right in front of your eyes was just incredible.

Kimo

I have played a few of the smaller horror titles in VR that have been on the Samsung phone using my samsung S7. BUT the immersion even on a low end device is still mind blowing. When experience even this lower end VR I have thought I hope we get a proper Alien VR experience at an affordable price in the near future. I'm hoping PlayStation VR does something with an Alien title cos the Oculus and VIVE is way too expensive at the moment.

Mr. Clemens

Count me in for PlayStation VR, if they do it. I bought a PS4 to play Isolation, I'll buy the VR to play Isolation.  :D

acrediblesource

Its been ran through the oculus rift, so how does a vr release help? Is it a slight mod? Why not just release a patch?

Bio Mech Hunter

Hot damn, I've been practically begging for an official VR upgraded re-release! :o

If they do this, it'd be a great opportunity for them to implement player character shadows, and more object interaction animations. Those have always been my two pet peeves with A:I. :)

Adam802

Cool, but I want a sequel SOO bad urrgh.  Or an actual GOOD(or dare I even say GREAT) Aliens game...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed