The Predator To See a Return of Multiple Predators?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 07, 2016, 01:49:34 PM

Author
The Predator To See a Return of Multiple Predators? (Read 25,112 times)

Corporal Hicks

Is The Predator to see a return of multiple Predators? Despite the singular identifier in the title, it’s looking possible that Shane Black’s The Predator is going to be seeing a return of multiple Predators on the big screen.

Alien vs. Predator Galaxy has learnt that Mike Konanec of Atlanta Models & Talent was one of five people who made it to the final stages of casting for the role of one the Predator’s in the new film.

The Predator to see a return of multiple Predators? Artwork by Yvan Quinet.

The Predator to see a return of multiple Predators? Artwork by Yvan Quinet.

Konanec confirmed on the 26th of July via social media that unfortunately he didn’t get the role. However, while he didn’t get the part, Konanec did comment that “I know the stunt coordinator and the 2 guys they picked, so I can personally guarantee this movie is going to be amazing!”

You can check out some of Mike’s audition footage for The Predator below! This footage comes via Act Tactical for Film with Matt Clanton who assisted Mike in putting the footage together.

Unfortunately, news on the casting of The Predator has been quite sparse. Most recently we reported in July that Creative Artists Agency was pushing for their client James Franco to have a role in the film. However, Franco passed on the role according to Omega Underground editor Christopher Marc. It was recently reported that Franco would instead be appearing in Jonathan and Josh Baker’s sci-fi thriller Kin.

The Predator is due to start filming in Vancouver on the October 17th until February 8th. Thanks to Johnny Handsome for the news.

Be sure to stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on The Predator! You can follow us on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Predator fans on our forums!

Whiskeybrewer

Nice to hear that they have a Predator, but I'm not sure on the multiple Predators for this film

Johnny Handsome

Altough it works good, i hope they don't do the "group of 3 Predators" again in this movie.

Xan21

I'm ok with multiple Predators but I hope they won't have any hounds or something... the falcon was a great thing but heavily underused.

Scorpio

The only movie with one predator is the first movie.  I think it's a given that there is going to be multiple predators.  The question is if there is a main predator like the previous movies.

Darkoo

Dont' forget  we have a lot of characters, from a lot of different worlds and ideologies. Maybe we have  multiple Predators in a lot of locations.

"If you think of the first Predator as Alien, ours is much more Aliens," said the film's co-writer Fred Dekker. "It's not Ten Little Indians; it's not, 'Let's kill off all of our characters,' because we have a lot of characters, from a lot of different worlds and ideologies. I don't mean other planets. It's a lot of people doing a lot of things in a lot of locations."

Corporal Hicks

I wonder if that Predator prequel novel is trying to ease us into a Predator vs Predator thing? Just the 2 of them, one hunting the other.

RakaiThwei

Multiple Predators?

Mmmm... Not sure about that. I mean after four films (counting both AVPs) showcasing multiple Predators, I was kind of hoping it'd go back at at least one Predator. Of course, I wouldn't be object to it if it's done in the way Predator 2 did it, and these Predators are shown at the end where the main focus is on just the one Predator.

me

me

Thinking about the story rumour dealing with a father finding a dead predator while hunting in the woods.  Could one of them be a  injured Predator and the other trying to find the injured Predator to kill it...all the while an army hunting the injured Predator as well?  Just thinking out loud.

Why not cast Ian Whyte?  Seems a no brainier to me.😑

ThePredatorUK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2016, 02:51:38 PM
I wonder if that Predator prequel novel is trying to ease us into a Predator vs Predator thing? Just the 2 of them, one hunting the other.

He's says they picked 2 actors to play a Pred so could be a good guess

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: me on Sep 07, 2016, 03:04:41 PM

I'm still hoping on that announcement.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
I'm still hoping on that announcement.

I think he teased it, seeing as he posted a picture set of his stint as an Engineer.. and one picture of his stint as Wolf in AVP-R.

Of course, this could mean something else but I ain't betting on that.

me

Is there another 'me' out there?  I didn't write that part about Ian Whyte. LOL!

I miss Kevin Peter Hall...this movements were so subtle...the fingers wrapping around the skull...the way he touched the daggers in Dutch's trap...his head movements.  The way he threw a punch (I called them punch slaps).  Miss that dude.

Anonymous

Anonymous

chainsawsquirrel

REALLY REALLY REEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY hope there's only one predator in the next film. Although, as good as predator was, the story line never really had much scope. Making a good sequel plot is probably half the battle.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed