Demo

Started by Predator@Alien, Aug 18, 2016, 04:37:40 PM

Author
Demo (Read 1,623 times)

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Hey !

Anyone know if we can play to the demo ? If yes, where can I find it ?

Thank's :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They never did a demo did they?

Unless you mean the press and event preview? I'd have no idea where to get that from. Perhaps some of the journalists who did a preview or didn't get invited into CA to play it.

windebieste

windebieste

There has been no demo of the game released. 

There has also been no leak of any of the demonstration build that  was either played by journalists or attendees at conventions or other places where the game was given 'public' access.

-Windebieste

Randomizer

Randomizer

I think a demo would be pointless considering the nature of the game and how it builds up to the climax.

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

windebieste

windebieste

This item was never released to the public.  It's a B-roll video that SEGA distributed to News sites for promotional purposes.  The content is  based on an earlier build of the game prior to its completion.

-Windebieste.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Why would you want that demo anyway? Everything featured is in the main game.

What I'd love to get my hands on, however, is the earlier build when it was 3rd person and the Alien was actually scary.

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

I want it because there isn't everything in the game...  The shadow of the Alien and more ! Watch carrefully you'll see ;)

PsyKore

PsyKore

It's been rearranged/compiled for sake of the footage, but there's nothing new in it.

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

I know but why make something good, and after, when it's rearanged, the result is bad...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Aug 19, 2016, 06:20:27 PM
I mean that : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbv9rs9bVOE

Yeah, that's the press demo that they sent to the various outlets and conventions. Dachande and I played this at Creative Assembly and I remember playing it at one of the gaming conventions we had over here.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 20, 2016, 09:11:07 AM
Why would you want that demo anyway? Everything featured is in the main game.

What I'd love to get my hands on, however, is the earlier build when it was 3rd person and the Alien was actually scary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-CBjZx_1sw
Woah, I had no idea A:I was originally going to be Third Person...I have to say that actually looks pretty cool!

Though even though I am going on a 2 Minute long clip. I'm still glad they went with first person as it really fit the aesthetic of Alien and just made it feel so cinematic.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: g2vd on Aug 22, 2016, 11:38:19 PM
Woah, I had no idea A:I was originally going to be Third Person...I have to say that actually looks pretty cool!

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/articles/creative-assembly-studio-visit-interview/

QuoteCorporal Hicks: Some of the early leaks and indications we got of the game showed it as third person. That's obviously changed now to first person. Why did you go for the 3rd person approach first?

Al Hope: Yeah, when we first put together our short technical demo, that was in first person. Then for various reasons we tried the game out in third person and not least because to some extent survival horror possibly at the time was kind of kept in this kind of narrow box that had a certain set of criteria.

Corporal Hicks: Dead Space and Resident Evil were all third person?

Al Hope: Yeah, and the big franchises were in third person and there was a kind of a thought that perhaps third person would be the best experience. It was kind of interesting because we worked on the game in third person knowing what it was like in first person because we had done the demo in first person and then over the course of development, I was getting people cornering me saying "Al, have you checked the game out in first person, this is amazing, you wanna see it". So what people had been doing was hacking – people on the dev team – hacking the camera to effectively be on the nose of the main character and then walking around and I think it was kind of a real reminder with what we initially started with which was a first person direct experience and seeing our game kind of elevated by going first person.

I think it would have been a good game in third person but first person... It suddenly became something completely different. You suddenly had this one to one interaction with the world and the alien and it was no longer hunting the character; it was hunting you. And it wasn't the character looking over or picking around objects; it was you and it was a very direct, very visceral, very intense experience and I think that's what it seemed like. It just confirmed what we initially thought when we started this which was this experience these encounters and this world, you need to experience first-hand and actually you need to be doing it yourself.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Would've been cool if they gave players the option to play in either mode since it was already implemented. But really, I just really love the Alien in that clip; he doesn't stomp around, he looks bigger and more intimidating, he sounds nastier, and the heart beat sound effects when he's close... It's all so good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed