HR Giger figure

Started by alienscollection.com, Aug 15, 2016, 09:06:18 AM

Author
HR Giger figure (Read 3,571 times)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 19, 2016, 01:20:07 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 19, 2016, 12:18:41 PM
I wonder if Carmen Giger is aware of it. I might find out. It looks amazing. I'd love to surround him with a couple of Big Chaps.

And this is when the figure gets C&Ded.  :P

This is obviously a very professionally done product.  One would think that the producer went through the proper channels from the get-go.  I can't imagine a professional involved in the project wouldn't get their ducks in a row but stranger things have happened.  Is there a shot of the box available?  Perhaps it has the legalese text on it.  It would have to be Fox and Giger licensed product unless Giger retained the rights to the alien designs.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

You'd be surprised how many things get made in 1:6 that are clearly unlicensed, but they get away with it because they aren't specifically named what they're being based on.
I'm not particularly interested in this figure, but I can see the appeal.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 19, 2016, 02:10:06 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 19, 2016, 01:20:07 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 19, 2016, 12:18:41 PM
I wonder if Carmen Giger is aware of it. I might find out. It looks amazing. I'd love to surround him with a couple of Big Chaps.

And this is when the figure gets C&Ded.  :P

This is obviously a very professionally done product.  One would think that the producer went through the proper channels from the get-go.  I can't imagine a professional involved in the project wouldn't get their ducks in a row but stranger things have happened.  Is there a shot of the box available?  Perhaps it has the legalese text on it.  It would have to be Fox and Giger licensed product unless Giger retained the rights to the alien designs.

It wasn't approved or licensed by Giger's estate.

windebieste

windebieste

It looks very unlicenced and unauthorised to me.  There's a noticeable lack of any 20th Century Fox badging which is indicative that the item is unofficial.  There's also the fact that there is no mention of H.R. Giger's full name.  Only his initials are ever used.  So, the identity of the statuette is thinly veiled.

It looks like a cool sculpt, though.  Maybe Fox and Giger's estate have been approached by the manufacturer and were decline permissions to use their identities on the item.  It would be absolutely fantastic to have 20th Century Fox and Giger's estate formally lend their legitimacy to the piece.  It would be a great seller.  Especially if the price was brought down by about 80%.  lol.

Maybe NECA could release a mass market H.R. Giger action figure in the 7 inch range.  Now that I could afford!

-Windebieste.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Giger was fond of cats.The figure should come with a cat-maybe the stuffed stand-in used for Jones.

Xenomania

Xenomania

Quote from: Elmazalman on Aug 20, 2016, 02:40:52 AM
Giger was fond of cats.The figure should come with a cat-maybe the stuffed stand-in used for Jones.
Stuffed stand-in? :o

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Xenomania

Xenomania

That's one mean looking cat! :D It was used in the film?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That is absolutely terrifying!

windebieste

windebieste

Little Moggie was pulling a face, the wind changed direction and he stayed that way.

-Windebieste

gabgrave

gabgrave

Considering the company producing this I'm pretty sure it's unlicensed.
Spoiler
Still, I'd get one to pose with my 1/6 facehugger...
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

That can't be real can it?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's real. I'll post a few more in a second. Absolutely terrifying.  :laugh:

Machiko Naguchi

Machiko Naguchi

That is definitely one surly looking cat

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed