Telltale Alien or Predator game?

Started by The Alien Predator, Aug 08, 2016, 04:17:57 PM

Should they make one?

Yes
No
Author
Telltale Alien or Predator game? (Read 5,510 times)

The Alien Predator

Some good points, Vow and Mr. Turok. Welcome to the forums, guys.

P.S. I loved the Turok games. Especially Turok Evolution, I grew up on that one.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: Nelostic on Aug 09, 2016, 09:02:58 AM
the main thing that was not a cartoon style  :-\
true girl

Chris!(($$))!

I would really like this. I REALLY enjoyed the Walking Dead Telltale game.

XenoZipper

I'm going to have to agree with those against the idea. While I enjoyed Telltale's first few games (Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, the 1st Walking Dead) lately they're just getting really boring & I don't feel like I'm even playing a game. It's become more or less just sit there & watch story cut scenes unfold & wait for the button prompt to pop up on the screen. Same for the choices, it doesn't really seem to matter what you choose, it still comes to the same end result. I'd be really afraid that they would make it too cartoony as well. It's too bad because I really did enjoy those first few games. I haven't played Batman yet but the last one I played was Walking Dead:Michonne and it was pretty lackluster.

Chris!(($$))!

I think part of the reason the "choices" don't have a true lasting effect is because Telltale got themselves a bunch of franchise games that are parallel to or prequel to existing ongoing stories. Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, even Jurassic Park. This gives them less wiggle room.
If their Batman story is a new and original story and not playing into any ongoing comic stories, movies, or shows then hopefully that one will regain some of the impact the first Walking Dead had in terms of story quality as well as gameplay)

windebieste

I think they should.  They should take Blomkamp's ideas and make a goofy cartoon game out of that instead of a movie.  lol.

TellTale would be perfect developer.  High poly Ripley and high poly Hicks and high poly Newt running around shootin' bugs.  Yep.  Ideal janky concept for a janky game.

So I voted 'Yes'.

-Windebieste.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 04, 2016, 02:53:51 AM
I think they should.  They should take Blomkamp's ideas and make a goofy cartoon game out of that instead of a movie.  lol.

TellTale would be perfect developer.  High poly Ripley and high poly Hicks and high poly Newt running around shootin' bugs.  Yep.  Ideal janky concept for a janky game.

So I voted 'Yes'.

-Windebieste.

I'd accept it in a game... I really don't want that story/plot to come into fruition on the silver screen though... Just let those characters RIP.

serbip1

serbip1

They should.So far I enjoyed all Telltale games, who knows what can be made with the AvP series.

SamuelDL

SamuelDL

I would like it, especially because the writers of Telltale Games are the best. Examples of this are the two seasons of The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us. And if they can create a game to their style with Minecraft or Batman, they can also do it with Alien and Predator.

Kimo

Kimo

I liked The Walking Dead and what they did with the Lee and Clementine characters in Season 1+2. I thought Telltale could probably do justice on a game based on Newt surviving Hadley's Hope. The only downside is, we know the outcome of Hadley's Hope, and your not going to get a Season 2. But for a one off game, it could be great interacting with her brother Timmy and mother and the group of doomed survivors trying to figure out what's going on. You could even have that woman who the Colonial Marines find in the Hive (that burst) as an important character. We could even get to see the doomed Fate of subject Marachek, John J who died in the procedure why trying to take the Facehugger off. Also you could put a bad guy in there who's secretly working for Burke.

So much possibilitys with a Telltale game.

Nyarlathotep

This has potential to be a great idea so count me in.

Hell, thinking about it I wouldn't mind a non canon Predator/The Walking Dead crossover.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 23, 2017, 10:15:04 PM

Hell, thinking about it I wouldn't mind a non canon Predator/The Walking Dead crossover.

Or even a Predator and Batman crossover, like in their first comic together. That was such a great read. It'd be cool to play it in a Batman vs Predator Telltale game.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jan 24, 2017, 01:35:31 AM

Or even a Predator and Batman crossover, like in their first comic together. That was such a great read. It'd be cool to play it in a Batman vs Predator Telltale game.

Nyarlathotep

I've never read it, I always assumed that it would be quite hokey.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 25, 2017, 01:34:52 AM

I've never read it, I always assumed that it would be quite hokey.

The first Batman vs Predator series is actually really really good. Great atmospheric story

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed