PREDATOR Prequel Novel - Christopher Golden

Started by felix, Aug 04, 2016, 05:33:52 AM

Author
PREDATOR Prequel Novel - Christopher Golden (Read 56,060 times)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 09, 2016, 07:53:58 PM
Nice one, Alien Predator! But I think I have a better one..

The Fans: Skip to 1:20.

Although 1:45 is my attitude on well... everything so far!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyUMytNKa0c

LOL at Fox's response.

"Give it your BEST shot!" *mentally counting profits*

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 09, 2016, 07:47:02 PM
So I think it's safe to say this is not a popular concept.

I'm not really surprised at the reaction. I think the idea of two Predators racing across space, one being an Arbitrator chasing a Rogue is quite a good idea.

The problem here being is that it's being shoe-horned into the first movie. I think it would've been better received had it been a true "prequel", as in "took place before the first film."

Where Anytime kills the Rogue, and then decides that "eh, since I'm here, I might as well enjoy my safari." It will further reinforce the idea that yes, this is a Predator "cop"... he is in no way a good guy, he is a Predator.

Imagine it ending with him clearing evidence of the Rogue's body, and then he hears chopper noises... the Hunt begins...

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 09, 2016, 08:05:36 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 09, 2016, 07:47:02 PM
So I think it's safe to say this is not a popular concept.

So...Christopher, no Predator prequel 2 I take it? lol

It's Fox you should be asking, not Christopher. He could leave and they'll just get someone else to write the very same story.  :)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 09, 2016, 08:09:19 PM
LOL at Fox's response.

Unfortunately this... is very true.. So true in fact, we're suckers for it. All of it..

Unless you're really passionate about what is and should be... I don't see many of us boycotting.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 09, 2016, 08:34:00 PM
LOL at Fox's response.

Unfortunately this... is very true.. So true in fact, we're suckers for it. All of it..

Unless you're really passionate about what is and should be... I don't see many of us boycotting.

Yeah, I'll most likely be giving this a shot as I plan not to miss any books of this franchise. I learned that the hard way with South China Sea once it got to ridiculous prices.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 09, 2016, 08:49:36 PM
Yeah, I'll most likely be giving this a shot as I plan not to miss any books of this franchise. I learned that the hard way with South China Sea once it got to ridiculous prices.

Well what I mean is this, like... if you disagree on where they're going with the franchises, especially where they are, in my mind, more or less undermining the source material... why support it? I'm not ragging on you or anyone who wants to buy this and say it's good but... where do you draw the line and say no more?

The Alien Predator

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 09, 2016, 09:12:43 PM

Well what I mean is this, like... if you disagree on where they're going with the franchises, especially where they are, in my mind, more or less undermining the source material... why support it? I'm not ragging on you or anyone who wants to buy this and say it's good but... where do you draw the line and say no more?

I don't really have an answer to that to be honest. I am enjoying what they have shown in the current novels and comics so far and am always up for some new Alien and Predator material.

I mean, I am one of those that loves Resurrection and AvP-R simply because it tells a story and has my favourite monsters in it, so it's hard for me to draw a line.

I used to hate the idea of there being more alien civilizations, but to my shock, I was fine when Sea of Sorrows confirms there's loads out there.

But I was even more against the whole wormhole and hyperspace travel idea, preferring physical FTL in my Alien. But again, to my shock, I was totally fine with Rage War introducing Drop Holes and even the multiverse, something you know personally I was against.

So at this point, I don't know where to draw the line because even if I did, I'd probably be fine with it if they made it happen anyway.

SM

The catch 22 is - you don't have the first idea about how this will turn out and whether it will actually undermine the source material and if it's actually an entertaining read - until you've read it.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 09, 2016, 09:31:34 PM

I don't really have an answer to that to be honest. I am enjoying what they have shown in the current novels and comics so far and am always up for some new Alien and Predator material.

I mean, I am one of those that loves Resurrection and AvP-R simply because it tells a story and has my favourite monsters in it, so it's hard for me to draw a line.

I used to hate the idea of there being more alien civilizations, but to my shock, I was fine when Sea of Sorrows confirms there's loads out there.

But I was even more against the whole wormhole and hyperspace travel idea, preferring physical FTL in my Alien. But again, to my shock, I was totally fine with Rage War introducing Drop Holes and even the multiverse, something you know personally I was against.

So at this point, I don't know where to draw the line because even if I did, I'd probably be fine with it if they made it happen anyway.

I like your outlook on things Alien Predator. I need to be more positive too lol. I guess we just need to take the good with the bad and move on. People are happy that Fox is pushing out more product just annoyed that it could be done smarter.

Best thing is probably just send an email to the company and let them know a lot of people are scratching their heads with some of their ideas. Hopefully they don't send you the Ash you have my sympathies smiley lol.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 09, 2016, 10:30:55 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 09, 2016, 09:31:34 PM

I like your outlook on things Alien Predator. I need to be more positive too lol. I guess we just need to take the good with the bad and move on. People are happy that Fox is pushing out more product just annoyed that it could be done smarter. Best thing is probably just send an email to the company and let them know a lot of people are scratching their heads with some of their ideas. Hopefully they don't send you the Ash you have sympathies smiley lol.

Thanks Nostromo. I think that's a good idea to try and email them. Maybe even ask Christopher Golden about the synopsis, he might have a better explanation for it because synopsises don't paint the whole picture (because all the missing pieces are in the story XD )

I personally thought that was a cool twist about there being another Predator in P1, but I imagined this book being before the film until I re-read the synopsis and saw it mention him hunt Dutch's team.

Perhaps the story will properly explain why the Predator looks the same in the film, and why he has Billy's laugh etc. Some fans have pointed out theories that make sense. I remember one of the NECA toys has this Predator who likes to steal trophies and technology from other Predators.

So with that in mind, this guy could've stolen Anytime's gear and was being chased across the galaxy to Earth. Anytime kills the Rogue after Rogue attacked Dutch's team, gets his gear back and disposes of the body before he either decides to have a nice opportunistic hunt (might as well lol), or gets attacked by Dutch who mistakenly thinks he's the Rogue and Anytime being a good Predator that he is, just can't resist the fight.

SM

Goodator's mask gets smashed, so when he beats Badator, he takes his.

Both Predators could've heard the laugh.

The Alien Predator

Now I am actually excited for this. I can imagine the scene in my head, Badator observes Billy and records his laugh while Goodator is observing Badator, not striking yet because he doesn't want to attract the formidable firepower of Dutch and his men. He proceeds to watch Badator begin his hunt, hoping that Dutch's men might make his job easier and kill the Rogue for him.

happypred

Imagine it ending with him clearing evidence of the Rogue's body, and then he hears chopper noises... the Hunt begins...

I would have no problem with this

Except I think it should simply be Cop tracking Rogue to a remote backwater hunting ground...Earth

Not a literal car chase in space

Corporal Hicks

I'm hoping the synopsis is just unclear and it turns out that the rogue is the Predator who ends up taking out Hopper's men. The two Predators do their thing off screen and the Enforcer (or whoever) gets distracted by all Dutch's antics at the rebel's base.

felix

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed