PREDATOR Prequel Novel - Christopher Golden

Started by felix, Aug 04, 2016, 05:33:52 AM

Author
PREDATOR Prequel Novel - Christopher Golden (Read 56,593 times)

SM

QuoteThis will literally ruin the original movie.

"literally" lol

SiL

I can see my copy melting on the shelf already.

SM

20th Century Fox reported today that archival copies of the film Predator were spontaneously combusting, while fans were saying that blu-rays had their soundtrack replaced with Yakety Sax on a continuous loop.

Hudson

*facepalm*

There are plenty of directions we can take the Predator property and the best they can come up with is this? Yuck.

SiL

Quote from: SM on Aug 08, 2016, 01:57:16 AM
20th Century Fox reported today that archival copies of the film Predator were spontaneously combusting, while fans were saying that blu-rays had their soundtrack replaced with Yakety Sax on a continuous loop.
There are reports that the year 1987 is retroactively disappearing from history, to be replaced by a single novel.

Kronnang_Dunn

I will only say this and will only say it once... NEVER EVER RETCON THE CLASSICS.  >:(

Randomizer

"Source material"

It's not like there's enough of these in the A/P franchise. Fingers crossed they won't do anything stupid.  :-X

Thomas H.

I think it's time people chilled a bit.... We don't know if it's going to be retconned. All we know this will be set right before the first movie. Even if it turns out that Hopper's team was killed by this rogue, and the Predator we see in the movie is the second Predator, if that one kills the rogue at the end of the novel, nothing is retconned.
We'll see what happens, for all we know it turns into a great little read. And if it doesn't, meh, just forget about it. :)

SiL

The description says the Rogue hunts Arnie's team. The Predator can't kill the Rogue at the end of the novel because presumably it will have blown itself up.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 07, 2016, 08:09:27 PM
To be fair, some of you people are acting like it's the author's fault when in fact it's the execs at Fox who commissioned him to write this story. The guy has almost no say in what to do, he can only make suggestions.

Like how Tim Lebbon was told to write a story about an alien race invading humans and Predators, but he instead said "how about we make this a rogue faction of humans instead of aliens?" And Fox happened to be ok with that.

But besides these small things, these guys have absolutely no control so it's hardly Christopher Golden's fault, he's just writing this, not making up the story... only filling in the blanks to the points provided for him.

If he left this project, then they'd get someone else to write the exact same story.

Indeed. It's massively important to remember this. I imagine this was a mandated story from Fox. Hopefully we'll find out more about the history later.

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 06, 2016, 02:11:40 PM
Could just be a badly-written description. Maybe the switch doesn't happen at all in the events of the film, but before. The Predator that Dutch and his team fight is the good one, who sticks around after killing the rogue. If that's the case, I would be cool with it.

Seconded

It would be an interesting twist to Hopper's demise

I think a late Predator switcheroo is really dumb and pointless

SiL

An earlier switcharoo is equally pointless, unless used to set up later stories.

Got nothing against whoever's writing it, or even whoever thought it up: the idea is more than enough to attack!

me

me

This makes no sense whatsoever.

It is a prequel story, but involves the original story? Sounds like a remake, instead of a prequel.

So the good Predator must have stopped the bad after the bad one stole Blaine's body?  Why didn't the good Predator, just leave?  Why did he stay?   I am confused on this one.  Sounds like crap

Kaltes

Quote from: me on Aug 08, 2016, 03:03:53 PM
Why didn't the good Predator, just leave?  Why did he stay?   I am confused on this one.  Sounds like crap

Because it is crap.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

This is bullshit. It's an unnecessary change that doesn't do anything but detract from the mythos. I can't believe they're going to do this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed