Amalgamated Dynamics will create the Predator creature effects

Started by Darkoo, Aug 02, 2016, 06:14:27 PM

Author
Amalgamated Dynamics will create the Predator creature effects (Read 27,645 times)

XENOMORPHOSIS

Great to hear ADI's got the gig, hope it doesn't turn out goofy/ fake rubbery like Scar's unmasked look.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/mugwvm.jpg

Though Wolf in AVP R was an improvement.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/c7/bc/c9/c7bcc9865772e65cd97e01aaf4a5e935.jpg

Though there were some digital enhancements applied.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/20071128_01.jpg

SiL

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 08, 2016, 11:02:33 PM
We need a new look for the predator. One that is tall and more alien like. None of this, it's got a man's body crap. The face has been trademarked forever, now we need someone tall like Bolaji Badejo who played the alien.
They've had a 7' tall person in every movie but Predators.

Richman678

They were amazing back in the day, but the creature effects of Alien: Resurrection (Minus the Egg), and the first AVP movie honestly felt very underwhelming. Dont get me wrong I like the guys a lot, and you can tell Woodruff Jr really cares about the franchises.

I hope to see better creature effects from them in The Predator. Your effects in Alien 3 were extremely well done.

426Buddy

As much as I've complained about some of their work in the past, I'm still glad thry get to do it. I'm happy for them I guess, even though I still think their personal vision for the alien design is very flawed. They are great guys though so good for them, I hope they bring their A game, they certainly have the budget this time.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Richman678 on Aug 09, 2016, 01:07:13 AM
They were amazing back in the day, but the creature effects of Alien: Resurrection (Minus the Egg), and the first AVP movie honestly felt very underwhelming. Dont get me wrong I like the guys a lot, and you can tell Woodruff Jr really cares about the franchises.

I hope to see better creature effects from them in The Predator. Your effects in Alien 3 were extremely well done.

Broken record mode, activate! I still think they get way too much stick for the stuff we didn't like from Resurrection and the AvPs. There's so much going off that effects them. They follow director mandates with their design explorations (and Resurrection had story reasons for the Aliens to be bastardised). All that slime was down to the the DoP. In AvP, it was cost related for the reuse of the Resurrection moulds (not their fault). I wasn't a fan of the teeth of their Alien head in Requiem (damn overbite!!) but again, they had only the money to redo the heads.

The Predators in AvP looks fake because of the lack of moisture - again the director. Granted, that silicon (?) doesn't look the greatest so hopefully they explore other materials for The Predator.

To be perfectly honest though, I would have been happy with Legacy, ADI or KNB. Hopefully ADI will be able to work well with Black and get a cracking new design. I'm sure he wont have the mentality that the Predators can't look wet.  ::) Just need to get Ian Whyte on board now. Apparently he said he was at a convention but when I spoke to him about it he said it wasn't true so who knows!

Thomas H.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 09, 2016, 08:54:42 AM
Quote from: Richman678 on Aug 09, 2016, 01:07:13 AM

Broken record mode, activate! I still think they get way too much stick for the stuff we didn't like from Resurrection and the AvPs. There's so much going off that effects them. They follow director mandates with their design explorations (and Resurrection had story reasons for the Aliens to be bastardised). All that slime was down to the the DoP. In AvP, it was cost related for the reuse of the Resurrection (not really their fault). I wasn't a fan of the teeth of their Alien head in Requiem (damn overbite!!) but again, they had only the money to redo the heads.

The Predators in AvP looks fake because of the lack of moisture - again the director. Granted, that silicon (?) doesn't look the greatest so hopefully they explore other materials for The Predator.

To be perfectly honest though, I would have been happy with Legacy, ADI or KNB. Hopefully ADI will be able to work well with Black and get a cracking new design. I'm sure he wont have the mentality that the Predators can look wet.  ::) Just need to get Ian Whyte on board now. Apparently he said he was at a convention but when I spoke to him about it he said it wasn't true so who knows!

I'm so happy more people are realizing this. For all we know ADI came up with some bad-ass Predators for the AvP movies, but the directors shot those down. People seem to forget that little detail some times, that the director ultimatly decides what to go with. Well, him/her and the studios. Don't forget about them.

Canon_Barbarian

bad news, another stupid looking designs coming

Xan21

Yeah with no eyebrow/eye expressions... four upper teeth (although that looked fine in Stan Winstons drawings) I have zero faith in them...

SiL

Scar arguably had too much brow expression.

overthere

Hopefully the big budget makes all the difference between AvP Predators and a good looking one.

Xan21

Quote from: SiL on Aug 09, 2016, 11:48:51 AM
Scar arguably had too much brow expression.

He just looked surprised all the time... I don't know... it just looked wrong

426Buddy

I perfectly understand the criticism they get, I've heard Woodruff and Gillis talk about how making the alien more organic(starting with A3) was improvment on Gigers design. They really seem to resent the mechanical aspects of the creature for some reason. As for their AvP Predators, Scar's face was just terrible on screen so I hope they can fix that.

I think it goes both ways, some people blame them too much for their rubbery creations, and others give them a free pass on everything, like it was all the directors fault.

lv_226

Well, my interest in this has waned significantly.

Darkness

If we were basing this on AvP, I'd be horrified at this news but ADI definitely stepped up their game with Requiem, I thought. A lot of what went wrong with AvP was down to Paul Anderson wanting to humanise the Predators and he was the one calling the shots. They are capable if you give them the proper direction and money - the problem is they're usually given the job because they're seen as the cheap n' easy option.

Xan21

The convenient thing was that Wolf's face had to look like crap, but gotta say his overal design was much better than AVP

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed