Amalgamated Dynamics will create the Predator creature effects

Started by Darkoo, Aug 02, 2016, 06:14:27 PM

Author
Amalgamated Dynamics will create the Predator creature effects (Read 27,654 times)

walker31

Just watched Predators again lasts night.  I still hate the fact the original predator creature couldn't close it's mouth at all, 30 years later and they can't duplicate the original facial movements! They also didn't have a decent predator roar at all in the whole film.  The OG predator only grunted a little, not a big lion type roar that was needed.  And I wish just for once they would fix a pet peeve of mine:  MAKE THE DAMN DECLOAKED PREDATOR MOVE LIKE HE DOES WHEN CLOAKED!!  I mean, when predator is cloaked he runs through the tops of trees and off the tops of buildings, but the moment he decloaks, he moves like a drunk man in a rubber suit with heavy feet.

Valaquen

Quote from: walker31 on Aug 04, 2016, 03:22:34 PM
Just watched Predators again lasts night.  I still hate the fact the original predator creature couldn't close it's mouth at all, 30 years later and they can't duplicate the original facial movements! They also didn't have a decent predator roar at all in the whole film.  The OG predator only grunted a little, not a big lion type roar that was needed.  And I wish just for once they would fix a pet peeve of mine:  MAKE THE DAMN DECLOAKED PREDATOR MOVE LIKE HE DOES WHEN CLOAKED!!  I mean, when predator is cloaked he runs through the tops of trees and off the tops of buildings, but the moment he decloaks, he moves like a drunk man in a rubber suit with heavy feet.

My biggest pet peeve from the post-Predator 2 films is the sound of his mounted gun -- it sounds like a whipcrack in the originals, which was a great sound. In the new ones it's all been some generic explosive shot. I'd hoped Predators would go back to that, but it didn't... I'm probably the only person with this particular problem  :laugh:

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 04, 2016, 05:28:33 PM
My biggest pet peeve from the post-Predator 2 films is the sound of his mounted gun -- it sounds like a whipcrack in the originals, which was a great sound. In the new ones it's all been some generic explosive shot. I'd hoped Predators would go back to that, but it didn't... I'm probably the only person with this particular problem  :laugh:

No, you're definitely not. There's one instance in AVPR during the sewer fight where it is vaguely recognisable but other than that you're absolutely right. I seem to recall the Strause Brothers wanted to use all the P1 sound effects for the creature but couldn't isolate the individual sounds. But that would seem strange given AVP2 PC managed just fine.

For me the sounds the Predator makes, the vision modes - it's just as much a key part of the character as the literal look and design of the creature. I still can't fathom why Anderson in particular changed it all so much.

But no, I'm still not a fan of ADI. 'Director's vision' can only get them away with so much. There's no way a 2004 update of a 1987 creature should look like that. Or have noticeably plastic-looking wrist blades. AVPR was a much improved effort granted and they at least acknowledged that in their book.

Kaltes

I noticed that too.

Predator_Spirit

You're not alone.

Scorpio

The original has the best sounds.  Even the predator clicks, which sound more like a bird than a human trying to gargle.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Absolutely agree! The Predator sounds need to be restored from P1 and P2. The sounds they make in Predators seem to belong to some other animal completely. Instead of a confident, challenging roar, it sounded like the Predator was the asthmatic kid on the playground.

We need the Predator roar, the triple heartbeat in vision mode and the whip crack plasma caster.

PRJ_since1990

Not alone sir. I yearn for a return to the original sounds and noises. That's one of the reasons I like AvP. Despite the flaws, it retains quite a few iconic roars, clicks, tech sounds and screeches. These creatures are very similar to earlier incarnations, including the weaponry they use. No need to create sounds from scratch. Maybe a little tweak if it's something new, such as a larger plasma caster or something but we're so used to the sounds from watching the movies and playing the games for years. Stop changing everything!

Johnny Handsome

Surprised this isnt frontpaged by now... Alec Gillis confirmed this seconds ago on Twitter by the way, its official.

Keyes

Yeah he replied and confirmed to me on Twitter when I just asked. I'm pleased for those guys :)

Corporal Hicks

Sorry, we were delayed in posting this because we spoke to Woodruff about this and were debating on what to include in the news. With Gillis confirming it publically though, I'm going to get it online.

overthere

Is this good news?

Scorpio

They are probably the best choice considering Stan Winston is no longer with us. 

I, for one, don't think the predators in AVP are that bad.  And most people can agree that Wolf is awesome.

I wouldn't want them returning to do the aliens, though. 

Keith

Great news. Now just get Ian Whyte to play the Predator.

acrediblesource

We need a new look for the predator. One that is tall and more alien like. None of this, it's got a man's body crap. The face has been trademarked forever, now we need someone tall like Bolaji Badejo who played the alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed