Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2016, 03:47:44 PM

Author
Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology (Read 118,802 times)

BryanThomasS

Yeah, both Schaefers are worthy of more story.

Russ840

You could tie up both of their loose ends in one go.

BryanThomasS

Totally. Russ, how are you liking Artemis?

Russ840

Really liking it. Not quite as strong as 'The Martian' but still a very good read. Thank you for asking.  I should be finished that and 'If It Bleeds' by now but I am getting behind due to the arrival of my little boy.  :D. Very tired  :-[

Xenomrph

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Dec 07, 2017, 03:56:39 PM
Yeah, both Schaefers are worthy of more story.
On that note, how much collaboration/communication has there been between you and your writers and, say, the comic writers at Dark Horse, the Bug Hunt authors, etc, to make sure no one is stepping on each other's toes? Shared universes are super cool and I'm a huge sucker for inter-connected narratives across titles or media (but not at the expense of each individual story's narrative, of course) but I know that can take a lot of coordination so everyone is on the same page.

The Alien Predator

Oh, I just thought of a really cool setting.

Seeing how the Predator is such a flexible and versatile character who can fit in any setting or crossover and make it good.

Why not have a story of one hunting during prehistoric times? Like have them hunt Neanderthals and note differences among the human species. A good setting would be during or just after the Toba Eruption 75,000 years ago, there'd be so many different species of human to hunt in a very deadly environment ravaged by a super volcano.

Kinda like how one of the stories here took place during Hurricane Katrina. When Toba exploded, it nearly rendered humanity extinct. That'd be a cool setting, and because anatomically modern humans also existed in those times, making a character in that setting shouldn't be too tricky.

If you find any authors who are huge paleo enthusiasts, they should give this a try.  :P

Speaking of which, I think someone noticed one of the skulls in the camp in "Predators" looked like it belonged to Homo erectus or another one of these really archaic hominins. It really gives you a glimpse on how old the Yautja are and for how long they've been doing this. Rage War loved reminding us of this fact that Predators are primordial beasts.  ;D

BryanThomasS

BryanThomasS

With Disney buying Fox, am I the only one looking forward to the inevitable Captain Jack Sparrow v. Predator crossover?

Quote from: Xenomrph
On that note, how much collaboration/communication has there been between you and your writers and, say, the comic writers at Dark Horse, the Bug Hunt authors, etc, to make sure no one is stepping on each other's toes? Shared universes are super cool and I'm a huge sucker for inter-connected narratives across titles or media (but not at the expense of each individual story's narrative, of course) but I know that can take a lot of coordination so everyone is on the same page.

Zero. I read all the comics and novels, watched the movies, even screenplays and did my best to coordinate. No further contact was offered.

Ultramorph

Even jokes about the Disney thing make my skin crawl.

BryanThomasS

Then you're welcome.

Xenomrph

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Dec 07, 2017, 10:12:39 PM
With Disney buying Fox, am I the only one looking forward to the inevitable Captain Jack Sparrow v. Predator crossover?

Quote from: Xenomrph

Zero. I read all the comics and novels, watched the movies, even screenplays and did my best to coordinate. No further contact was offered.
Welp.

I dunno about anyone else, but one of my "dream" jobs for years now would be to act as loremaster for the Alien/Predator franchises, similar to what Leland Chee does for Star Wars. Not so much telling authors what they can and cannot write, but more of keeping authors informed of what's already been done, what's in progress, encouraging cross-media cohesion, etc.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

It is a shame there the wasn't more coordination, but I think they only reason we saw that with the comics and novels back during Fire and Stone was because two of the writers (Roberson and Golden) are personal friends.

BryanThomasS

Why do you think I hang out here?  You are my lore masters...

Xenomrph

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Dec 07, 2017, 11:43:17 PM
Why do you think I hang out here?  You are my lore masters...
Sure, but we don't work for Fox or know other projects that are in development, let alone how to contact those people.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's super awesome that you're interacting with the community and getting feedback and answering questions, and I wish more people did that.

BryanThomasS

Here I am trying to give you your dream and you do me like that. smh. :)

The Alien Predator

My dream job is to be a Colonial Marine stationed on Arcturus. Nothing can possibly go wrong with that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed