Michael Fassbender Says ‘Alien: Covenant’ Is “Much Scarier” Than ‘Prometheus’

Started by T Dog, Jul 25, 2016, 04:58:55 PM

Author
Michael Fassbender Says ‘Alien: Covenant’ Is “Much Scarier” Than ‘Prometheus’ (Read 24,077 times)

Scorpio

The surgery scene in Prometheus will be hard to top. 

Pvt. Himmel

That was a good scene, but i have a feeling there will be many in this film that will be over the top.

BishopShouldGo

I just want a zero gravity scene of an alien coming after a human, complete with a darkened room and strobe lights. Maybe some glass floors and walls so we can see a dead body against the backdrop of space.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 26, 2016, 05:22:50 PM
I just want a zero gravity scene of an alien coming after a human, complete with a darkened room and strobe lights. Maybe some glass floors and walls so we can see a dead body against the backdrop of space.

I'd love something like that. I'm still dying to see that zero-G opening from Peter Briggs' 2nd AvP draft.

Stig783

Can't see this being as scary as the original Alien. Had nightmares when I watched that as a young lad haha. I'm looking forward to seeing it nonetheless.

Enoch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 26, 2016, 06:10:25 PM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 26, 2016, 05:22:50 PM

I'd love something like that. I'm still dying to see that zero-G opening from Peter Briggs' 2nd AvP draft.

I believe we ll see such thing in Covenant! ;)

BishopShouldGo

Enoch

Just a guess because there is a footage of Michael Fassbenders stunt double rehearsing low gravity movements...

NickisSmart

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 26, 2016, 04:54:01 PM
The surgery scene in Prometheus will be hard to top.

And now, two encyclopedia salesmen, or, in this case, two Pauline medpods!

CainsSon

If they bridge the gap well, then this film will fall somewhere in between PROMETHEUS and ALIEN and that will be a resounding yes. One thing this series is short on is simply Good entries in the series that aren't divisive. I would argue ALIEN 3 is good but a step down, PROMETHEUS is relying too heavily on this film IMHO to be a worthwhile setup, so its probably the most divisive for that reason alone. Clearly A:R has some great scene but is a poorly aging mess, and AVPs are just bad movies in almost every way.
But I have a feeling we may actually get an decent Alien film this time. Not a masterpiece like ALIEN and ALIENS, but something that strikes the right bargain.
If Scott pulls that off I can forgive everything underwhelming in PROMETHEUS for making its way to this. This series deserves its redemption, finally.

Flexserve

"Michael Fassbender Says Alien: Covenant Is "Much Scarier" Than Prometheus!"

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be negative about this, but that's not saying much at all. O.o

426Buddy

Quote from: Flexserve on Jul 28, 2016, 02:20:45 AM

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be negative about this, but that's not saying much at all. O.o

Well one of the gripes about Prometheus was that it wasn't scary, or even trying to be... So he's just sayinbg this film will be scary or scarier at least, addressing one of the concerns people have. Says something if you ask me.

Flexserve

Flexserve

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 28, 2016, 02:35:19 AM

Well one of the gripes about Prometheus was that it wasn't scary, or even trying to be... So he's just sayinbg this film will be scary or scarier at least, addressing one of the concerns people have. Says something if you ask me.
That says nothing then. That's kinda like saying a horror movie is scarier than a documentary film. Just sayin' Oh well, not looking to argue about it, just kind of a silly thing to say I guess. Feels like "It can only go up from here" and then I'm like.."uhmm..yeah...I think everyone could at least agree about that." Better make it a headline? LOL ;)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Flexserve on Jul 28, 2016, 03:47:17 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 28, 2016, 02:35:19 AM

That says nothing then. That's kinda like saying a horror movie is scarier than a documentary film. Just sayin' Oh well, not looking to argue about it, just kind of a silly thing to say I guess. Feels like "It can only go up from here" and then I'm like.."uhmm..yeah...I think everyone could at least agree about that." Better make it a headline? LOL ;)

Yes, they should really quantify that.  Like will it be a 7 or 8 level, or maybe.... 11?   :o :o :o :o :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed